Calibrate touch/Sensitivity?

moparharn

Reaction score
I could not type a single word on the screen of the

Droid at the store, in either portrait or landscape. I decided that I was going to leave the store and think about other alternatives when the manager came up. "Here, try mine". It worked like a dream and so does mine. I can even type in portrait. If this phone has one very strong point, it is the screen and the touch. At least mine. I can see from the store phone that they are not all the same. The store phone was doubling up on everything. The manger said the phone "learns" from your usage. He was wrong about several other things, so................

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to them just trying to sell you crap, lol. But the virtual keyboard is very nice in my opinion, very accurate.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to them just trying to sell you crap, lol. But the virtual keyboard is very nice in my opinion, very accurate.

certainly accurate, after playing with it more last night. just wish the protective screen wasn't so thick... that's why i wanted to increase sensitivity

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

certainly accurate, after playing with it more last night. just wish the protective screen wasn't so thick... that's why i wanted to increase sensitivity

You must mean the privacy screen. I have the screen protector, the 3 pack and they work great. i don't need to hide my **** from people so i really don't need the privacy filter.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

You must mean the privacy screen. I have the screen protector, the 3 pack and they work great. i don't need to hide my **** from people so i really don't need the privacy filter.

you are correct, i'll be going to VZN to try to exchange for the thinner protector :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe one of the other forum members said that verizon put out a recall on all the privacy screens, so i don't think you will have much issue returning it. Apparently most stooped selling them really early.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone. This is my first "real" smartphone, although i've been using the combination of an LG Dare and a jailbroken IPod Touch for awhile now.

It's greatly appreciated.

rlb

Reaction score

I got my phone at 7am and promptly installed the privacy protector.

Got home from work and took my fiancee to get hers, and I immediately noticed that her screen looked amazing and was much more responsive than mine, even with the screen shield from the 3 pack.

Time to lose my privacy screen shield!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think as i said in an earlier post they are doin a recall on them, you should just take it back to the store and ask them to switch it out for the regular screeen protectors

R1Lover

Reaction score
There isnt a calibration
Droid has capacitive display.

Resistive displays like dare are resistive, they need to be calibrated.

I think droid is better then iphone for responsivment.

I agree as well, the touch on the Droid is the best I have seen and on par or better then the iphone imo.

ATL3

Reaction score
Have same issue with screen protector & touch sensitivity. Quite disappointed, but remaining hopeful that some of the optimistic comments here about the ability for touch screen adjustment will be 'coming soon.'
This is really needed!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not your screens fault it's the privacy protectors fault, they made it too big, they will remake them and have them out again once fixed. if you want a screen protector just get that for the time being until they remake the privacy protectors.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
coming from the G1 there is no tweak for this but open source and google reponds quickly to lil tweeks trust me. but the home screen and the notification lag is os related and will probaly be fixed in the 1st ota

fromjerz

Reaction score
On my new HTC Droid:

Settings
Locale and Text
Touch Input
Text Input
Calibration Tool

FireDroid

Reaction score
I have one of the thicker protectors and I have had no issues, everything is just as sensitive as it was without one, maybe there are other issues?