Calendar Widget Problems

jawa6969

Reaction score
OK. This morning my calendar widget will only show NO UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS. Things I have tried: Reboot phone, battery pull and reboot, drag widget to trash and put it back.

The corporate calendar app does the same thing.

Anyone else having the same problems? Anyone know how to fix? Anyone know why this would happen all in the sudden? Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its prolly just not syncing(assuming you have them on your PC). go into the settings for one of the calendars and try to refresh them

OP
jawa6969

jawa6969

Reaction score
its prolly just not syncing(assuming you have them on your PC). go into the settings for one of the calendars and try to refresh them

Wouldn't the battery pull / reboot kind of work that kind of issue out? I tried to go into the calendar settings on the phone. There was no REFRESH button but it did appear to sync up when I went into the settings. Still did not fix the problem.

I will note that the problem led me to try the pure grid widget from the market (which I am going to keep) and it is syncing up just fine.

I dunno. I don't like when things that worked before stop working.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i mean reconfigure the settings to see if something changed (like ur password wasnt stored correctly)

i dont know why the one would work and the other one wouldnt (prolly just the calwidget app) but i also have both and like them

edmicman

Reaction score
Do you actually have any upcoming calendar events?

I'm assuming you're speaking of the default Google Calendar widget....basically it sucks. This behavior has been happening since I got my Droid...it essentially doesn't display *anything* on the widget unless there are nearby upcoming events. I'd really like to see the date at a glance, and maybe see the next 2-4 things on my calendar, regardless of when they are. But the default calendar doesn't seem to work that way.

I don't believe it is a syncing issue or a reboot issue...it's just that the default calendar widget is crap!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm assuming you're speaking of the default Google Calendar widget....basically it sucks. This behavior has been happening since I got my Droid...it essentially doesn't display *anything* on the widget unless there are nearby upcoming events. I'd really like to see the date at a glance, and maybe see the next 2-4 things on my calendar, regardless of when they are. But the default calendar doesn't seem to work that way.

I don't believe it is a syncing issue or a reboot issue...it's just that the default calendar widget is crap!

I was assuming CalWidget

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

You might want to take a look at Android Agenda Widget.