calendar sync question

segen77

Reaction score
On the OG droid you could go into the account and manually sync it. I can't figure out how to do that on this phone, and can't get it to sync all my items on my calendar. I can log into gmail and see them all, it's just not showing on the phone. Do I jsut have to wait a few hours, or is there a way to force sync?

ruizimages

Reaction score
This forum is for users not for marketing.
I have just solved my sync issue by adding the power control widget to the desktop and simply turn on the Sync Icon Second from the right.

Within 8 Seconds (Bam) There it is. Good Luck hope it helps :)

I was frustrated for days over this issue. Many tech calls, trips to the store, hang ups, etc, etc.

ruizimages

Reaction score
Heres another tip for the droid 3 calendar sync issue.
I found appointments on my phone calendar which are color coded green and as well there were gmail calendar appointments color coded Red
I had appointments on my phone showing red and green and my gmail calendar online were only showing the appointments that were in red ( gmail )
Looking at the detail of the green appointments it listed them as a phone calendar appointment. The software does not allow you to change it from phone to gmail so delete the phone calendar appt and when you re schedule it make sure you have selected the gmail calendar for the appointment.
Within 8 seconds the appointments scheduled on the phone appear on the desktop online calendar.
Here's the kicker. I was on the phone with tech support as they were taking me here and there selecting options which do not control this and I figured it out myself, so I instructed the tech support rep on how to do this and he thanked me :) What a riot. poke around enough and have time to think about it and you will resolve your own issue. . . . . . This is what I have found in more than one case. Good Luck to all I hope this helps many frustrated Droid users.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
Well, I've tried a few different things. For some reason everything is syncing up the way it should for all future appts. It's just everything that was on my calendar previous to getting the new phone that wont show.