Calendar Month View 2.2.1

danbornemeier

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I have searched all over and not seen any answer as of yet.

Recently, upon receiving an update from Verizon to 2.2.1, my Droid Calendar Month View stopped displaying two of my three calendars. I have seen others with this problem, but no fix or work around.

I have 1 Google account - with 3 calendars - all shared to my gmail. I have cleared the data in the Calendar app on the handset, and resynced. All three calendars are set to visible/synched. They are all MY calendars, not from some URL source like a sporting team schedule.

They used to all display (in their three respective colors) on my Calendar.

Now, however, they DO show up on the Weekly and Daily views, all appointments, proper colors and all, from all three calendars. But in the MONTH VIEW ONLY, I get only one calendar displayed. Curiously enough, it is not my basic gmail calendar, but one of the ones I added to the account.

Is this a known issue? I cannot find any settings to change. It used to work perfectly.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Dan

Orlock

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I have something similar to this happening as well. I have 6 or so calendars set up in Google and have them set to visible/sync on my D1 and they used to show up as colored labels when viewing the month. They will still show up fine in the other views but now on the monthly view any day that has an appointment will just have the number of the day in boldface type. I miss being able to see the label color on the month view, any ideas?

FYI just a stock D1 running 2.1.1 FRG83D

sofladavid

Reaction score
I believe the timelines in "Month" view only show your "busy" times. appointments in other calendars would not be considered "busy" time for you unless you are listed as an attendee. If the missing items are from your own calendars, then check to see that they are labeled as "Busy" and not "free"

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I believe the timelines in "Month" view only show your "busy" times. appointments in other calendars would not be considered "busy" time for you unless you are listed as an attendee. If the missing items are from your own calendars, then check to see that they are labeled as "Busy" and not "free"

I'm having the same issue. I entered a new all-day event directly into my Google calendar, labeled it "busy," and it does not show up in the month view. As with the others, it does appear in day or week view.

EDIT: I played around with it more, and if you untoggle the "All Day" setting and manually change the time from midnight to midnight, it shows up. Toggle it back on, and it disappears from monthly view (other than a bold date).

Conclusion: use an app like Calendar Pad.

OP
D

danbornemeier

Reaction score
It appears that this, like most Android problems, go un-resolved. Posted about it in Google Help and it was like yelling in a vaccum.

Ultimately, I downloaded the free version of Touch Calendar - it provides a nice month view that actually displays all my calendars. Pretty nice little fix.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Yeah, I gave up. Still using Calendar Pad, which is working nicely.