Bypass slide unlock when pattern is used.

reybie

Reaction score
I posted this is the main at howardforums and in the release thread here but it got buried. I tried one app that bypasses the slide unlock but it also disables the pattern. What my goal is to just use the pattern like the one in CM7 on my D1.

jigawatt

Reaction score
You are lucky if the pattern is used. I can't figure out how to get my swipe pattern to work. It only does slide lock. When I go to select pattern under security settings, it asks for my pattern. Really defeats the whole purpose of having the pattern to unlock the phone when the phone just unlocks from the "slide unlock". One would assume it would work the same way that it did on my previous droid... dead wrong. Now I virtually have ZERO security.

I'm baffled. It doesn't work.

edit... after a few reboots, it finally works.

Last edited:

B-Unit

Reaction score
Also, there is a setting that allows for a period of time before the pattern lock kicks in. I think this is why the slide to unlock is undefeatable, although one would think setting for 0 delay would disable it.

OP
R

reybie

Reaction score
I've been looking but no luck. I'm just waiting for the dev from rootzwiki (sp?) to port CM9 and hopefully get that functionality back.

On another note. I'm looking for a reboot app that I can make Smart Actions call to reboot my phone daily. I found one but it has a prompt to get into bootloader and other stuff that I don't need. It defeats the purpose of rebooting automatically.