Buying a phone from Amazon

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I have found many threads like this, but what my question is is has anyone recently ordered say the Nexus for their upgrade and still kept their unlimited plan without problems? I still have a 50 dollar loyalty from VZ but if its a bigger discount on Amazon or somewhere online I will go with that if I get to keep my unlimited. Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard some have ordered through Verizon and kept their unlimited data. I'm not 100% sure though as I only go to a corporate store

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought two phones through Amazon. The first was a replacement smart phone with unlimited data. I kept the unlimited data. The other was a new smart phone. We were given the 4Gb upgrade that was being advertised in December. The process was pretty clean and I got a Rezound for $150 when vzw was selling them for $250. I would recommend looking at both sites and comparing deals.

One thing that Amazon does not do is upgrade transfers. It has to be a straight upgrade.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
I bought two phones through Amazon. The first was a replacement smart phone with unlimited data. I kept the unlimited data. The other was a new smart phone. We were given the 4Gb upgrade that was being advertised in December. The process was pretty clean and I got a Rezound for $150 when vzw was selling them for $250. I would recommend looking at both sites and comparing deals.

One thing that Amazon does not do is upgrade transfers. It has to be a straight upgrade.

That is kind of odd that you weren't able to keep your unlimited data with an upgrade. I upgraded 2 of my lines and I was able to keep my data plan. I'm wondering if it has something to do with ordering on Amazon.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

vatothe0

Reaction score
That is kind of odd that you weren't able to keep your unlimited data with an upgrade. I upgraded 2 of my lines and I was able to keep my data plan. I'm wondering if it has something to do with ordering on Amazon.

They did keep it though. It's right in the post....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Papasmurf

Papasmurf

Reaction score
So I shouldn't have any problem. Amazon seems to always have the better deals at times and I always thought the kicker was you couldn't keep your unlimited data going through anyone other than VZ

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
They did keep it though. It's right in the post....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kept 1 the other was probably upgrade from dumbphone.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also few weeks ago during a vzw chat session I made the comment about going through Amazon and she warned me against it, making statement about multiple contracts(Verizon &Amazon) . She was trying to scare me into buying that phone that day. Coming from the same person that told me there are no known connection issues...

I believe there's an option during Amazon checkout about keeping everything the same. (Unsure)

debrad0307

Reaction score
Also few weeks ago during a vzw chat session I made the comment about going through Amazon and she warned me against it, making statement about multiple contracts(Verizon &Amazon) . She was trying to scare me into buying that phone that day. Coming from the same person that told me there are no known connection issues...

I believe there's an option during Amazon checkout about keeping everything the same. (Unsure)

Lol stupid Verizon. They do that to everyone I'm assuming. I went to Costco and looked at the phones there. They sell there phones about 50 dollars cheaper than Verizon does and there isn't an extra contact with Costco. Not sure what that rep was trying to accomplish by telling you that.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol stupid Verizon. They do that to everyone I'm assuming. I went to Costco and looked at the phones there. They sell there phones about 50 dollars cheaper than Verizon does and there isn't an extra contact with Costco. Not sure what that rep was trying to accomplish by telling you that.

She was just trying to make a sale, I called her out on the "no connection issue" even pointed her here to df.. glad I waited as the next day or so the maxx popped up... just wondering if she had known the razr was dropping price soon...

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
She was just trying to make a sale, I called her out on the "no connection issue" even pointed her here to df.. glad I waited as the next day or so the maxx popped up... just wondering if she had known the razr was dropping price soon...

What did the rep say when you mentioned df? I mentioned it to a rep and the rep replied, "I hate that website." Touchy?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Said she can't access from there..
Really?

debrad0307

Reaction score
What did the rep say when you mentioned df? I mentioned it to a rep and the rep replied, "I hate that website." Touchy?

Haha she hates it cause we know more than she does. I find it funny how the people on here can help more than the techs at Verizon.