Bugs?

megraven21

Reaction score
I'm having a couple of problems that I just noticed and I don't know if it is the Bionic or maybe Go Launcher or...?

1) Multi-tap issues on my keyboard. I have changed to every keyboard I can find on the market and I'm having the same problem. Its too complicated (and hard) to explain but multi-tap is not working very well anymore. I would assume it's me except it just started happening. I noticed it happening with one keyboard first but now it's all of them. VERY frustrating.

2) I have a shortcut to this forum on my homescreen and just this week, it is showing as if I deleted this app. It still shows a shortcut is there but it acts like the app is no longer there. When I go into my app drawer it's not even there. I go into My Apps in the market, it's gone from there too. Turn the phone off and the on...there it is.

Wtf is all this? Is it android OS? Go launcher? Bionic? Anyone else having this kind of problem?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
for the keyboard issues, is it happening all the time or when charging? I know the charger can screw up how the touch screen behaves sometimes.

for #2, go into Manage Apps and select media area, does the df app have a checkmark? actually, do any of them? if so, select the app and move to phone. the Bionic has some issues w/ apps being moved to the sd card disappearing and reappearing. There is plenty of internal storage on this phone so you really don't need to move to sd. I check any time I install a new app to make sure it isn't on the sd card.

OP
M

megraven21

Reaction score
My phone is always charging so that might be it. It's not charging right now and my keyboard is OK so far.

The app WAS moved to media, which I did not do myself. I didn't know apps could automatically save to SD. But the bionic actually does not have plenty of storage for apps. 8G's are designated to media and only 3.5G are designated for apps. I've not even had the phone a month and I've already used over 1G for apps. I called Verizon and they said I can't change it and rooting is not really an option for me right now. Btw, the keyboard just messed up. It's nit happening as much but it's still happening.

Man, all these issues...maybe I should sell this phone and go back to my Droid x. I rarely had a problem with that phone.

jonnygage

Reaction score
software update to fix the bugs is said to come out "early november". theres actually alot of crap they are planning to fix

akhi216

Reaction score
software update to fix the bugs is said to come out "early november". theres actually alot of crap they are planning to fix

"Early November" in Motorola-speak translates into late January...lulz.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jonnygage

Reaction score
either way im just glad that both motorola and verizon have acknowledged that there are issues and are trying to resolve them

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I am having the same type of issues with Go Launcher EX. The five "buttons" it installs at the bottom of the screen sometime and frequently disappear and turn into "+" which when I click on one it asks me to assign it a function. Only thing that works right now is to turn off the phone and turn back on.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I am having the same type of issues with Go Launcher EX. The five "buttons" it installs at the bottom of the screen sometime and frequently disappear and turn into "+" which when I click on one it asks me to assign it a function. Only thing that works right now is to turn off the phone and turn back on.

If Go Launcher is like Launcher Pro, you've probably just "scrolled" the bottom buttons off the screen. Just try to swipe across the + buttons and you'll get your custom buttons back. You may have to scroll them a few times because there are usually multiple "pages" of them.

deborah3756

Reaction score
What phone are using? I have GoLauncher and not having these issues. Is GL your default home screen? Check in settings>>>applications>>>manage apps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
If Go Launcher is like Launcher Pro, you've probably just "scrolled" the bottom buttons off the screen. Just try to swipe across the + buttons and you'll get your custom buttons back. You may have to scroll them a few times because there are usually multiple "pages" of them.

Yes that was it. I feel dumb now lol. Thanks