bug confirmed..razor Maxx has issue disconnecting from Verizon when powered off

harp666

Reaction score
Well..went through 2 razr maxx and 2 Sims. In both cases when Max is powered off, calling my phone number from another phone does not immediately go to voicemail,instead rings 4 times as if it was still on then goes to voicemail..... Verizon tech support now confirms this...other than this issue love the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Mine does that too. I just powered off and called my number and it rings several times than go to voicemail. Not a deal breaker for me though because half the time my phone is on. I hardly cut this baby off. ;-)
Well..went through 2 razr maxx and 2 Sims. In both cases when Max is powered off, calling my phone number from another phone does not immediately go to voicemail,instead rings 4 times as if it was still on then goes to voicemail..... Verizon tech support now confirms this...other than this issue love the phone.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but don't understand how this is possibly a bug on the phone.

Sounds like Verizon side of thing or possibly the configuration of vmail.

If I remember correctly (atleast with google voice) setting the number of rings was an option.

2 phones & 2 sims... :/

----posted maxx'ed out----

cece5702

Reaction score
Is there a way to fix this in call settings on the phone? Should be!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Just tried this...and mine luckily went straight to voicemail...but there should be a way to fix this problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
How is this a problem? I couldn't care less if it goes straight to voicemail or rings 5 times....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
H

harp666

Reaction score
Well guys..I switched my simcard to my nexus from my razor maxx and all works properly ....proves that it is not a Verizon issue at least for me.
But I wonder if being on 3g or 4g at the time of powering off is the issue with the Maxx...I have 3g here full bars....hmmm..

OP
H

harp666

Reaction score
Because people on the other end think I'm not returning there calls because I have no record of a missed call....that's why.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Because people on the other end think I'm not returning there calls because I have no record of a missed call....that's why.

Fair enough.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Powered off? You power yours off? Really? Mine's on 24/7

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Because some people weren't raised in the "information age" and don't feel the need to be available or connected at all times. Seriously, putting your sarcasm aside, what does it matter to you what someone else does with their phone?

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

If they left you a VM you would have a record.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk