Browsers stalling

drunkclever

Reaction score
I am getting very tired of having to clear caches stop the app... clear it and all that other BS to get it to work again. This is what's going on...

I am reading vampire knight or some other manga online. After a few chapters is stop flipping to the next page. This is when I have to stop and clear everything out.

Yeah... I really don't know what the site uses... whether its flash or not... manga.animea.net

Am I really stuck with this for life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nomadicnut

Reaction score
I have the same issue now for months when ever i try to watch an embedded video on a Web page, the browser stops and i then clear the cache then force stop the browser and I'm good to go again.

Watching the same video independent of the browser and no issues.

I even tried same page, same videos with non stock browser and same issue.

RAZR Maxx, ICS

dcpenguin

Reaction score
Same thing here. Happens a lot. Really tired of it freezing all then time.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
My razr was terrible too, I use the app fast reboot, in 3 seconds it takes care of the issue.. It's way better than going into the application manager or browser settings to take care of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cleave

Reaction score
nomadicnut said:
I have the same issue now for months when ever i try to watch an embedded video on a Web page, the browser stops and i then clear the cache then force stop the browser and I'm good to go again.

Watching the same video independent of the browser and no issues.

I even tried same page, same videos with non stock browser and same issue.

RAZR Maxx, ICS

Does this happen when connected to 4g/3g data or when you're connected to wifi only?

nomadicnut

Reaction score
4G/3G. I have no wifi nor have i tried it that way. Next time i find wifi I'll report back.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
4g... 3g is not very reliable in my neck of the woods

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Didn't matter what network I am on with mine.. I still use it as a wifi device at home and it still does it occasionally... 3/4g/wifi makes no difference. It's not a connection or data speed issue.. The browser just stops loading, you can hit the home button and load something else no problem.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
I have this problem with the stock browser and also with the "ICS browser+"

Is this happening with all the browsers... let's get a list going...

cleave

Reaction score
This is very similar to my problem...except mine ONLY happens with wifi. I can open up the browser and either the website will just not load, or it will partially load and then stop. However, i have noticed that with mine, the little arrows (indicate data transmission) that are located inside the wifi icon (top of the screen) stop working and the wifi turns solid blue. When the little arrows come back, the page starts loading again. This is NOT a problem that is strictly dedicated to my home network either. It happens on any wifi network, and i have replaced my router 3 times and the phone twice. As soon as i turn off wifi and connect via 4g, everything works great.

This has been frustrating me for a long time, so I'm finally giving up on the Maxx and switching to other "iSide" :(

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Just use the you tube app... It has been a lot more stable

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
I have been noticing that the cache for the browser app gets to 24-26 mb is when is start stalling.. way to keep it from filling? I don't have it save the pages I visit...

I'm still not sure how to approach this

nakedbrowser

Reaction score
Hello, I've been developing my own webkit-based browser for the past several months. I've found that certain web sites (including Google's own Android developer site) can "lock up" the standard Android webview. I haven't yet found a way to combat this problem with webkit, although I have at least one idea. At any rate, I would suggest trying a browser that does not use webkit, such as Opera or Firefox. Also, I'll go ahead and plug my browser. It uses webkit, but it is designed to be very light weight yet full-featured. It also has a restore from crash feature in case the inevitable happens. You can check it out here:

Naked Browser

That may sound like an ad to some, but Naked Browser is completely free and doesn't even have any ads. It does not spy, monitor, or track in any way. In developing it, I've focused almost entirely on efficiency and features. As a result, it isn't currently the prettiest app in the world but I think that you may find that it is quick and stable.