browser question

hollowbox

Reaction score
Any way to set the browser to only bring up full sites and not the mobile ones. Seems like if I hit espn or other sites I always get the mobile site and have to take extra steps to get to the full site.....and in some cases like sportsline it always redirects me to mobile. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kaboyd

Reaction score
If you are using the stock browser hit the menu key on your phone. Select "More" on the bottom right corner and then select "settings". If you are running Dolphin Browser hit the menu key and select settings.

OP
H

hollowbox

Reaction score
I've been in the browsers settings page and I don't see anything for user agent. I'm sure its pure idiocy that's blinding me but I'm not seeing a user agent setting.

kaboyd

Reaction score
If you are using the stock browser it is the fifth option in the settings list.
text size
default zoom
show visual zoom control
full screen
user agent
ect...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think user agent only appears in the default browser after you navigate to about:debug

Also, I think it resets if the browser is restarted. Use dolphin instead.

OP
H

hollowbox

Reaction score
I'm using droid mod and I believe that gives me the milestone browser. I just don't see a user agent option. Maybe its time for dolphin.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using droid mod and I believe that gives me the milestone browser. I just don't see a user agent option. Maybe its time for dolphin.

Dolphin has some frustrating quirks that are annoying when u r just starting, but I feel it is the current champ. Dolphin hint #1: doubletap an area where there are no links to hide/show tab bar.

Xscope-used to be good but has gotten slow, rendering bugs too
Steel-no zoom? Not stable enogh?
Stock-no tabs, user agent setting stickiness
Opera-in beta but is super fast and allows uploads like when a web page asks you to upload a profile pic or other file

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any way to set the browser to only bring up full sites and not the mobile ones. Seems like if I hit espn or other sites I always get the mobile site and have to take extra steps to get to the full site.....and in some cases like sportsline it always redirects me to mobile. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If you can bookmark a URL to a full site I'd recommend trying that. Setting the user agent will also do the trick.