Browser app with pinch

lennywc

Reaction score
There is a browser for sale on the android market for 2.99. This browser has pinch control turned on . I bought it and I can tell you it works very well too bad the browser is so very basic . You can search and create bookmarks, that's it. Cheap price to pay for pinch I say. Oh, the name of the app is "xscope" have fun.

superglen99

Reaction score
I guess you didn't hear that yesterday dolphin released a FREE pinch to zoom browser with a lot of good functions, check it out. dolphin browser. maybe you can get your money back for xscope if its been less than 24 hours

OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I installed dolphin today and had no idea it is a pinch browser. Been using it most of the day. I feel a little foolish now. Won't t be the first time. Once again thanks!

OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
I am very dissapointed with the pinch under the dolphin browser . One has almost no control of the pinch while resizing text onscreen. I thought perhaps I am being to critical. To compare I turned on my iphone to check the control of theiphones pinch. Well I can say that the pinch control of the iphone is precise. There is no comparison. Using the droid for resizing webpages is almost awful, too difficult. The iphone is exact. I sure hope something can be done about this. I know I soiund like I am bellaching, but what I say is sure . Try an iphone , you will agree. Is the screen to sensitive can they control the sensitivity thru code?

LordKastle

Reaction score
I'm personally not too much of a fan of "pinch" related browsers, but I am not against it either. I just find it more of a hassle at times but whatever floats your boat.

But remember this...it is DOLPHIN browser. A 3rd party browser that just recently has been integrating it. It's like a college baseball player going out to hit against Major League pitchers for the first time. Apple's browser was basically developed from within.

Wait until better browsers are released with these features....the word "better" may be an opinion but professional might be more fitting.

mjs31

Reaction score
I'm personally not too much of a fan of "pinch" related browsers, but I am not against it either. I just find it more of a hassle at times but whatever floats your boat.

But remember this...it is DOLPHIN browser. A 3rd party browser that just recently has been integrating it. It's like a college baseball player going out to hit against Major League pitchers for the first time. Apple's browser was basically developed from within.

Wait until better browsers are released with these features....the word "better" may be an opinion but professional might be more fitting.

I am not a fan either. Personally I tend to browse on my phone using only my thumb. Have to pinch zoom would actually be more of a pain for me.

Reaction score
Go into the browser settings in Dolphin and unclick the "fit to screen" option and the pinch to zoom will work much better.

Stigy

Reaction score
I don't like the pinch to zoom feature either since I carry the phone around with one hand so double tapping is much more convenient.

But to each their own...

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Well, the iPhone's doubletapping is also more precise as it zooms all the way into the cell/div size of whatever was doubletapped rather than just a previously specified zoom level.

I used pinch to zoom almost entirely for the zoom out.

Reaction score
Well, the iPhone's doubletapping is also more precise as it zooms all the way into the cell/div size of whatever was doubletapped rather than just a previously specified zoom level.

I used pinch to zoom almost entirely for the zoom out.

Give it just a little time, remember that this phone has only been out for two weeks and the first update is scheduled for Dec. 11th, while the iphones hardware is already on it's 3rd set of tweaks and refinements and countless updates to the OS. This phone is already very close to the iPhone and even surpases it in many categories, with updates coming from Google and independant developers we'll get the things we want.

Last edited:
OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked out the pinch zoom under picsay. Picsay has much more precise control than dolphin. I am glad to know that it is a coding problem that the dolphin pinch zoom suffers from.

SoCal65

Reaction score
Looks promising....

[video=youtube;MiZb1jXzOyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiZb1jXzOyM[/video]