Broken Screen

jmccluskey

Reaction score
Oops I cracked the screen on my Droid; I did get another because it is a work issued device, however, I am wondering if I can fix the screen and perhaps give it to my husband to use. Does anyone know if this is possible.:)

FLE

Reaction score
If the phone that was issued to you by the company that you work for then you need to ask the person that issued you the phone as it belongs not to you but the company that owns the ESN. As for the screen email motorola and ask if it can be replaced I am sure it can. I live in Charleston, SC and so happens to be a place here that does repairs on cell phones. I opted for not only the insurance from verizon I also got the motos warranty exteded for another year.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a video out there that shows how to do it. I have watched and it looked painful. ...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone on this very forum replaced their screen I believe. Maybe they'll chime in soon and guide you.

Warwick

Reaction score
So 2 days ago, I dropped my RAZR and now the screen doesn't work. Although the screen doesn't work, the rest of the phone functions properly and the screen lock is still in place. I would like to hook it up to my computer to transfer some data, however without being able to see the screen, I cant see the screen lock to enter my code. What can I do?

Also, when I dropped the phone, it was only from a distance of about 2 feet onto a carpeted surface and it was in a hard case. Are these phones really that fragile or could mine have been an issue from the factory? The phone is only about 2 months old and doesn't even have a scratch on it. Obviously the drop voids the Verizon and Motorola warranties and Asurion wants a $100 deductible for a new phone.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Most phones can handle drops more extreme than that.

However, sometimes one gets unlucky and the phone falls on that one side and that one angle that kills it.

My guess would be it wasn't a defect just bad luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
So 2 days ago, I dropped my RAZR and now the screen doesn't work. Although the screen doesn't work, the rest of the phone functions properly and the screen lock is still in place. I would like to hook it up to my computer to transfer some data, however without being able to see the screen, I cant see the screen lock to enter my code. What can I do?

Also, when I dropped the phone, it was only from a distance of about 2 feet onto a carpeted surface and it was in a hard case. Are these phones really that fragile or could mine have been an issue from the factory? The phone is only about 2 months old and doesn't even have a scratch on it. Obviously the drop voids the Verizon and Motorola warranties and Asurion wants a $100 deductible for a new phone.

Darn the luck!!! Your best bet is to just pay the deductible and get it replaced. All your stuff will transfer over when you activate the phone. Sorry :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
ifixit.com has a detailed description of how to replace the screen on the razr and maxx, but it looks pretty difficult... good luck bro!
Since the screen is cracked, there's not a whole lot you can do.

bullswife98

Reaction score
^^^^ That would definitely void the warranty with Verizon and Asurion if your not successful and don't know what your doing, your way braver than I am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums