Bricked, stuck at M logo. Mac.

CalebLoop

Reaction score
Okay, so somebody wanted to trade phones with me, but had asked that i restore to the stock rom, I was running Fission rom 2.5.7. I tried to restore back to stock via clockwork recovery, now im stuck in a bootloop.
Ive tried holding down X to get to the stock, and using "wipe data/factory reset" but it shows me the error " E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
Ive seen guides for getting out of this, but they were all for windows based platforms, and I only have Macs in my house. Im very short on time to get this fixed, as the trade is to happen tomorrow morning.
Is there ANY way I can get back to stock Droid2 rom?
I dont care about losing root or anything, it would actually be preferred if i did.
please help

-Caleb

OP
C

CalebLoop

Reaction score
If you are suggesting Boot Camping windows, I dont have that kind of time, As my internet is down at the moment, and im tethering from my other Droid.
But if that is not what you were suggesting, I have some time, but No disc's, I can however use my other droid as an external storage device.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, what I am going to suggest would require a connection and a cd. I wrote up a tutorial from the Droid 1 and how to flash sbf files through a mac. But it requires installing ubuntu through a virtual machine. Everything is free though, so you don't have to pay anything for the virtual machine. The tutorial was for the droid 1 but with the proper sbf files it will work for any of the moto phones that would require an sbf flash at some point.

OP
C

CalebLoop

Reaction score
If it is a virtual machine, couldn't i just install from a mounted disk image?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah you probably could, but the ubuntu file is almost 700mb's, if you are tethering from a 3g connection that will take forever to download.

OP
C

CalebLoop

Reaction score
So theres nothing I can do? I have the program "crossover" to run windows programs on the mac, But I'm not sure how well it works, as I've only used it one time.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
not sure about crossover but I have successfully flashed an sbf through a windows virtual machine and a ubuntu virtual machine so it could work. Do you have a droid 2 or droid 2 global?

OP
C

CalebLoop

Reaction score
I have the original Droid 2, Back when I had the original droid, I could just put an Update.zip onto my sd card, and apply it via recovery mode, or whatever its called.

Is that no longer the case with the droid 2?

OP
C

CalebLoop

Reaction score
To boot into recovery, thats just when I Hold down X while booting right?