Bricked Phone HELP!??

MendedLogic

Reaction score
HELP!! I have a VZW SGN unlocked and rooted running Axiom crossbreed rom its been NO issues for months then today I kept getting this pop up saying I had a system update.. I kept clicking to remind me later because I know you cant do the update over a custom rom.. So Im in the middle of a text message and the screen goes black and my phone is now in a boot loop.. I tried to remedy this thru fastboot and in CWM reflashing the rom wiping data everything.. My last resort was Odin, which I tried but it hung at <ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!! after 10 or more minutes I removed usb and did a batt pull now I am only left with ONE screen and thats phone icon, yellow triangle with a ! in the middle and computer icon.. No matter what I do thats the ONLY screen I have.. So after MANY hours of research and reading I found this to try>
1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

And it acts like its doing something there's a blue full line bar under the phone icon yellow triangle with the ! in the middle and computer icon now.. and on the Odin box where it should be GREEN and say PASS its GREEN but only says BOOT and this is what its saying below that>
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!! < Once again hanging here.. Can someone PLEASE for all the tea in China help me out b4 they have to sedate me and haul me off in a white jacket!! Ive researched all day and still here I sit NO phone..

rjcapp

Reaction score
Cant help with your specific problem. Not sure if this is what you are willing to do or looking for but - This will get you back to stock, locked / unroot by using the following link:

-Unbrick, Unroot, Relock, Restore your Galaxy Nexus to Factory

Went back in and checked for updates. Followed: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ust-forced-ota-update-my-phone-heres-how.html to force the update..... The OTA downloaded and installed successfully this time.

At least you have a working phone stock 4.0.4

Last edited:
OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Yes thanks, thats where my day began YESTERDAY at 10AM and now my ONLY option to fix this is within Odin unfortunately..

OP
MendedLogic

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Yes and no... I found a jig would have fixed it but didn't have one so after exhausting all else I reached out to VZW and got a new phone :-/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2