Bricked my Razr updating to ICS. Battery died. Fastboot error code:0 low battery

brandin365

Reaction score
problem solved

I had the same problem, after reading about how the factory cable bypasses the battery, I came up with a simple solution that does just that. I took an old usb cable and cut the end off and stripped the red and black wires. I then removed the back of my Droid Razr and loosened the screws that hold on the battery connector. I then connected the red wire to the screw with the + and tightened the screw to hold the wire in place and did the same with the black wire on the screw with the -. I then plugged in both the modified usb connected to the battery terminals and my data cable to my computer and put the phone into fastboot mode. then used DroidRazrutility to return my phone to the stock rom. After that my phone has worked like new. There is no need to wait for the battery to charge, in fact you can disconnect the battery and power your phone directly off the usb long enough to flash a rom, then reconnect the battery and phone will charge when charger is connected

Last edited: