bricked incredible?

grizzdj

Reaction score
Ended up going to Verizon and they were kind enough to replace with a new Incredible since it was within the 30 day window. Problem solved for now. Don't know if I will root my phone again and if I do, I will most definitely be more careful.

Just for future reference, I would still like to know if there is any solution to my issue. Thanks in advance for any help that comes along.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DO NOT TRY TO UNROOT BY USING THE 2.1 FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know how many times I have to say this. There is a thread in thie section that goes over how to correctly unroot.

grizzdj

Reaction score
Doug. Thanks for the response. Sorry for not performing my due diligence - I was in a panic. Next time I attempt this I will make sure to read up on what I am doing. Appreciate your help.

astongt615

Reaction score
i need help too! i ran revoked3 and root went fine. decided to try a rom or 2, but decided i wanted to revert. my backup of the stock rom didnt save right though for some reason, but i just tried to follow the main video/guide to unroot phone, and when it "rebooted" instead of vibrating as the htc incredible logo came up, i just stays black and nothing happens. have to do a battery pull t get it to vibrate again, hboot doesnt work either. i know its kind of an old post but im freaking out!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hang tight- someone will help you in a few minutes.

Edit: appears OP resolved the problem with the help of Doug so crisis averted! :)

astongt615

Reaction score
ehh, whats a pm? i just got it working but thanks for your help all the same. i just had to run the update in hboot blind until it started updating then it went fine. not a problem if you have an sd converter since my comp wouldnt recognize either the internal or microsd drive of the phone, just the phone itself with no drive. big help though thank you.

ShutDown

Reaction score
SOOOOOOOO Screwed

Ok, (bricked) DINC user here. I was running the phone and it totally ran out of battery, i put it on to charge for like 2 hours. When i powerd the phone up it goes to the white boot screen, but none of my buttons work. It charges and the LED indicator works, it dose not vibrate or make any noises when powerd up. Ive tryed the whole battery removal thing and still the same crap, any suggestions?