Breaking: Motorola Willing To Work With Rom Developers?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I saw the above tweet in my twitter feed which sparked my interest! I instantly needed to know more. The tweet by P3Droid was in reference to a "Punit Soni" quote. On the Motorola X Development Google+ Community a member had directly asked Soni the VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility what were the possibilities of Motorola partnering with a Rom developer in the wake of the news that Motorola will be honoring warranties on bootloader unlocked development devices. The response was surprising. Soni stated simply "Everything is possible. And is worth a conversation..."

Cyanogen Mod has been in the market for OEMs to run their rom as a main OS. How cool would it be for OEMs like Motorola to give you the option to run one of several top roms on your shiny new Moto phone out of the box. Link to the quote below.

Via +MotoXDev

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had no doubt Motorola could make a play for the top position again. It was only a matter of time.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I wanna know when they're going to release a kick @$$ smartphone with a physical keyboard, microSD card slot and a removable battery. I love my Droid 4 but I know eventually I'll need/want to upgrade and I'd prefer my next phone to have the aforementioned specs.

matukqo

Reaction score
I wanna know when they're going to release a kick @$$ smartphone with a physical keyboard, microSD card slot and a removable battery. I love my Droid 4 but I know eventually I'll need/want to upgrade and I'd prefer my next phone to have the aforementioned specs.
An upgraded Droid 4 with CM?

Let's hope Verizon doesn't ruin this before it starts...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is such a no-brainer. For minimal cost to Moto and the like, they could work with and let developers like CM and such take over to push timely updates and new features. Everybody wins, even if the user had to pay $5-$10 annually for developer support.