Bought my new Phone

StudentNurse

Reaction score
I purchased my first smart phone last night and love it!! My 3 yr old is currently playing a coloring game right now. I hope she gives it back! :) I decided to go with the Droid X2; I was leaning on the Incredible 2. My only complaint (which might be silly) is that I wish it were more rounded like the incredible was. I decided to go with this model because of the larger screen. I am not crazy about the larger screen, but being that I bought this to use as a reference and apps in nursing school, I thought the bigger screen would be easier on my eyes. I was told that it seems like all the newer droid are getting bigger anyway. So by the time I get another upgrade in two years, they will all probably be this big anyway.

Since I have a router, if I set my phone to WIFI, it is not using verizon?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Correct, if you turn wifi on it will not count against your data with verizon. It will be pulling from your own network.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That is correct, unless your router and internet service are provided by verizon..but none the less when the phone is connected via wifi you are not using the cellular data plan

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

StudentNurse

Reaction score
When leaving the WIFI on, does tend to drain the battery at a faster rate?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Congrats on your purchase of a new Droid!

As for wifi there are mixed results. When in use, I believe it uses less battery than your 3g (data). However, if you leave the wifi radio on and it's not connected it constantly searches for wifi signals, therefore draining your battery. I personally use wifi at home and tend to see better battery life.

My advice: at home use wifi, it's faster and will use less battery. when you leave the house or wifi area, turn off the wifi radio. You should have a widget called Power Widget or Power Control or something that has a quick button to press to turn the wifi radio off and on.

louy99

Reaction score
What he said

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums