Bottom four lights not working after restart?

Droid#64

Reaction score
After I restart the phone the system seems to stay stuck on the bright screen with no bottom lights? Home keys etc..Why does it not restart correctly or is this what its supposed to do, I dont know. I can after I start it back up hit the sensor with a small flashlight I have then the screen goes dim enough then the bottom lights come back on and work properly. Or I can go into screen brightness and uncheck it once then it works properly again, shouldnt have to do that? The lights will not restart unless I make them. Thank you all for any advise, sorry if this question has or had been allready asked, Thanks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After I restart the phone the system seems to stay stuck on the bright screen with no bottom lights? Home keys etc..Why does it not restart correctly or is this what its supposed to do, I dont know. I can after I start it back up hit the sensor with a small flashlight I have then the screen goes dim enough then the bottom lights come back on and work properly. Or I can go into screen brightness and uncheck it once then it works properly again, shouldnt have to do that? The lights will not restart unless I make them. Thank you all for any advise, sorry if this question has or had been allready asked, Thanks!!

There is a small bug that causes these lights not to start up. Easiest way to handle it is to simply push the power button once to black the screen out and push it again. The lights will come on and should act properly after that.

OP
Droid#64

Droid#64

Reaction score
So this is a software glitch/ (Bug) It does restart after touching power key and unlocking it again, thank you, but will this be resolved or is this things to come? Sure hope not, could this be OTA fix eventually? Thank you..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this is a software glitch/ (Bug) It does restart after touching power key and unlocking it again, thank you, but will this be resolved or is this things to come? Sure hope not, could this be OTA fix eventually? Thank you..

I'm sure somebody has brought it to their attention. IMHO annoying until you know the fix but I think they have bigger fish to fry then worrying about this. I don't recall seeing it being listed as one of the fixes on the 2.1 list that I saw but that doesn't mean anything, it may be one of the "behind the scene" fixes.

AMGBenz1

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just go into the brightness setting and uncheck the auto brightness box, then recheck it.