Bootlooping / Stuck on Animation Screen after using Titanium Backup

CarolinaKSU

Reaction score
I just tried the latest 8/29 build on my D2G and forgot to wipe data the first time and got stuck in a bootloop. Then after SBF'ing back to 2.4.330 I resinstalled GB via the 2 part installation in clockwork recovery that allows you to keep root access and of course remembered to wipe data and had CM7 running for a while. Then I tried to restore some apps with Titanium Backup and wanted to use LauncherPro instead of ADW, this is where the phone froze up and after a battery pull and reboot it gets stuck on the boot animation. It even makes the notification sound and vibrates once but wont go past the animation. I tried to get into stock recovery via the hold X + Power Button method and no dice so now I am repeating the process once again.

Is there a different way to get into clockwork recovery or stock recovery mode after CM7 is installed? I am a n00b when it comes to the custom rom scene and if there is an easier way than the way I am going or there is some trick to get into clockwork recovery or stock recovery I will feel like an idiot... I really want CM7 to work, the small taste I got when it was working made me excited about my phone again and felt like it was brand new.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
On a computer with adb installed, do this in command prompt (cmd.exe)

adb shell "echo 1 > /data/.recovery_mode; sync;"
adb reboot

This will reboot you into clockwork.