Bootloader help

txlnghrn182

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently bought an incredible 2 and remembered about bootloader. I did have a rooted OG droid before w/CM 7 rom and loved it and from what i've read on a few different sites is that bootloader unlocks your phone but doesn't grant superuser. Im not really worried about having superuser or overclocking. So I have a few questions. BTW if I'm wrong about anything i've said let me know. I just glanced over a few posts but didn't really get any good idea of what I can do once I have unlocked my phone.

1) Will bootloader (not unlocked bootloader)void my warranty w/verizon? Ive seen some posts where it will show up unlocked and when you try to "unroot" it will say re-locked. I can't validate that. Just what someone had posted.

2)Once I use bootloader can I put custom roms on my phone like CM, MIUI, etc? I know unlocked bootloader will grant superuser and the ability to change the OS.

3.) I guess what it comes down to is what all can I do to the phone once my phone is unlocked w/bootloader?

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Most ROM's will come with an unsecure boot.img, which means you need to be s-off. For the Inc2, its best to not use htcdev unlock tool and just s-off.
Warrenty is debateable because you can fully revert back to s-on and stock. If so needed. I would say yes though.