[BOOT_ANIMATION] Droid Razr HD/Maxx HD XT926

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaChow

Reaction score
First, off a BIG THANKS to FoxKat for testing it for me and confirming that it works.

Second, KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE, YOU OWN YOUR PHONE NOT ME, AND ALSO DROIDFORUMS.NET IS NOT RESPONSIBLE EITHER.
This is the bootanimation.zip that was taken from a recent extraction from a Google Edition ROM dump. This is the same bootanimation that will be used in the Samsung S4, HTC One, and Sony Xperia Z. Keep in mind I have not modified this bootanimation and it is holding the screen size of 1080x280, which it is the bootanimation that is running in the Razr HD Development Section and it could possibly work on other devices, as well.

Here is the link for the download, http://d-h.st/H8C
http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/articleimage/684/2013/05/bootsplash.gif

***If you happen to be new to this and would like a guideline please see the below***
Start by downloading this link;

Next you’ll need a File Explorer app, I suggest Root Explorer if you have it, or you can use ES File Explorer as free alternative. Download link for ES File Explorer. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5lc3Ryb25ncy5hbmRyb2lkLnBvcCJd
Go into your app drawer and open ES File Explorer, and let’s set-it up, slide the screen to get the arrows out of the way, click on the 3 dot line in the bottom right corner, select Settings> scroll down to the Path Settings> select Home Directory and change it to: / (should just be the forward slash mark, no spaces)> scroll down to Other Settings> select Root settings> check the box for Root Explorer, say “yes” to the pop-up> check the box for Up to Root> check the Mount File System, all boxes should be checked. Then exit the Settings, should be on the screen that shows an Android folder in upper left corner, reading across is “Local” drop down menu, then /sdcard/. Look for the folder with an arrow going up, select “up”. These next steps are very important that you take your time and go through them as we are going into the System.

Go to system and open the folder> find the file that reads “media” and open the file> find the file that says “bootanimation.zip” hold down on that file and an Operations menu will pop-up, rename the file to “bootanimation.zip.bak” then select OK (this is your current bootanimation that you have seen probably since you first booted your device, changing it to .bak keeps it in the media folder and it will not run it.)

Now, exit out take the media file. Next step is to move the bootanimation.zip to the media file. If you know how to do that proceed ahead, otherwise if are on the home screen which has the “/” to the right of the Local. Scroll down to the “storage” folder, sdcard0 is the internal storage and the sdcard1 is the SD Card or external storage. Find the file, press down and select “move”, then hit the “up arrow folder” until you reach the “/” folder, scroll down to> System> then to Media> then “Paste” the file in there. Make sure that before you close or exit out there is bootanimation.zip file and a bootanimation.zip.bak file, if this is all there, go ahead and exit out. Reboot your device. And check out the new boot animation. If for any reason you want to switch back to the old delete the bootanimation.zip, the rename the bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip and you are good to go.

Also, there is a sound file listed in the media folder called “droidpu.ogg”> highlight this file and select “rename” and change file name to “droidpu.ogg.bak” This is that file that plays that Droid sound when you reboot your device.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• bootsplash.gif
    bootsplash.gif
    656.8 KB · Views: 1,737

diablo81588

Reaction score
You don't need an unlocked bootloader to do this, just root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
If you are looking for a change of scenery and happen to be a fan of Star Wars, download this bootanimation.zip . I can't take credit for the images in this bootanimation as I found it somewhere and re-sized the images to fit the full screen of the Razr HD/Maxx HD. Just download it or move it to the SDCard1, go into your File Explorer or Root Explorer, find the file, highlight it, select move, open the "system file" > then find the "media folder"> paste this bootanimation.zip there, it will override the existing one (once you write the folders permission.) If you plan on keeping the original bootanimation before moving the Star Wars bootanimation, rename the default bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak. I meant to add some sound to this, but keep getting caught up in other things, will add sound eventually.

Sample image...

droid_r2d2_0722_0021.jpg

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I can't forget to include these... These 2 files are the stock Boot Animation file and the sound clip "D-R-O-I-D", in the event they are ever deleted or simply want to play them again here they are...

bootanimation.zip
droidpu.ogg

If you do not like listening to the sound D-R-O-I-D everytime you reboot, simply change the file to "droidpu.ogg.bak" if you want it back, change it back to "droid.ogg". Enjoy!

Sample image....

droidhd_00134.jpg

ripper2860

Reaction score
Kachow,

OK. Maybe I'm just overlooking this, but what exactly is the boot animation in the OP? Are their pics or a GIF one can view to see what it is?

Oh -- and the OP download link for the animation is not working for me.

Thx!!

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Kachow,

OK. Maybe I'm just overlooking this, but what exactly is the boot animation in the OP? Are their pics or a GIF one can view to see what it is?

Oh -- and the OP download link for the animation is not working for me.

Thx!!

I just downloaded the Dev-Host link and it worked fine for me. Basically what you are looking at with this is the stock Bootanimation for the Razr M, that I have resized for the XT926. If you look at the 002_loop > image 168 that is the last image you'll get better idea of what the image looks like. Below is a sample....

droid_00168.jpg

ripper2860

Reaction score
I just downloaded the Dev-Host link and it worked fine for me. Basically what you are looking at with this is the stock Bootanimation for the Razr M, that I have resized for the XT926. If you look at the 002_loop > image 168 that is the last image you'll get better idea of what the image looks like. Below is a sample....

View attachment 63168

Kachow -- thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I still cannot download the file. I keep getting an error saying site could not be found or cannot connect to site w/ IE and Chrome. Disabled firewall and even changed DNS to no avail. I'll keep trying as re-sized Razr M w/ no sound looks like the one for me.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Yep, just got the same error, will pm you and announce once it is up.

Coming shortly....

ripper2860

Reaction score
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
OP Has been UPDATED: I have included a new bootanimation, this boot animation happens to be the same one used in the Google Edition phones. Please, refer to the OP for instructions on how to install if unfamiliar with the process. Here is the link to bootanimation, enjoy!

bootsplash.gif

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 738
  • bootsplash.gif
    bootsplash.gif
    656.8 KB · Views: 887

ssteffler93

Reaction score
hey

Hey buddy i saw some of your postings about boot animations for your maxx hd, i also have a maxx hd and i was wondering if you could make me a custom boot animation of some pittsburgh penguins highlights followed by their logo at the end. i was thinking somewhere around 10 seconds long with the sond "Sail" by Awolnation as the .ogg file. I would greatly appreciate it as ive had some issues doing it myself using a few software programs. thanks!

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
If you are looking to update your current BootAnimation and would like to have it start up like the latest Droid Maxx and Droid Ultra, well here you go. Here is the link for the bootanimation.zip and here is the link for the bootanimation sound.

Just make sure to copy these to the /system/media file, I would also suggest changing the existing bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak and the droidpu.ogg to droidpu.ogg.bak before adding these new files. Enjoy!

droidu_00005.jpg droidu_00015.jpg droidu_00030.jpg droidu_00045.jpg droidu_00060.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.