Boot Animation Help

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
hey guys i just recently flashed a DasBAMF rom and was wanting to change my boot animation. When i get to moving it and pasting it in root explore under system/media it says i can't paste this here cause the "file system is read only" does that mean this rom doesnt support a different boot animation?

sorry if this doesnt make sense i kinda wrote this in a hurry.

thanks in advance!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Usually the TBolt ROMs have the bootanimation in system/customize/resources, ...let me see if the DasBAMF is the same....also, you need to mount your system to R/W in order to paste that file in there, currently it is R/O

EDIT:..okay I do see that they have their bootanim in system/media...so it is that you just need to mount your system to read/write

Last edited:
OP
The Stig 04

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Forgive my noobness (if thats even a word) if i got into the system file it chages itself back to r/o. If i click on r/w it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing I am not able to change it then?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Forgive my noobness (if thats even a word) if i got into the system file it chages itself back to r/o. If i click on r/w it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing I am not able to change it then?
If you have Root Explorer then you should have no problem going into system, then mounting R/W at top, then going into media folder and pasting....not sure why it wouldn't for you??