[Boot Animation] Android vs Apple

mattmartin77

Reaction score
Upon request of WoZzy

to install, download the zip to your sd card and use root explorer or whatever you prefer to move it to system/media. just rename the one already in there to be bootanimation.zip.bak so you can easily switch back if you so choose.

its an android kicking and eating an iphone dancedroid
bootanimation.zip

I know this was made for the thunderbolt but, should this work on a Droid1? I placed it in the appropriate folder, but no animation upon rebooting... twice. There are no other boot animation files in my /system/media

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I know this was made for the thunderbolt but, should this work on a Droid1? I placed it in the appropriate folder, but no animation upon rebooting... twice. There are no other boot animation files in my /system/media

Droid 1 boot animations are stored in /data/local if I recall correctly. Same process, different folder.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I originally replaced the boot animation in /system/media... that's why I stated that there are no other animation files there. I did check the /data/local though, nothing there. Thanks.

Is there a way to do this without root like I could on the D1? And on my stock TB, the bootanimation is in a different folder. I found it there and could not change it or copy this file into that folder.

I would imagine we can use ADB like on the D1. Or am I wrong? Google search did not find a way to do it, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. LOL

Back