Bluetooth Voice Dialing?

jtsantes

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when/if Moto and/or Verizon and/or Google might offer an upgrade to allow voice dialing with BT on the Droid. I use the phone in my vehicle for business and w/o this function, the droid is not useful to me in Calif, where the fines for dial;ing by hand are now $450.

SDJerry

Reaction score
BT voice dialing

Yes, the lack of this feature is annoying. But, even here in CA, you can click on the microphone icon next to the Google quick search box, or access the app "voice dial". Then, simply hold the phone up to your mouth and speak " Call Marty Jones mobile" or say " Dial 213-867-5309", and you are there. Call is transferred to BT upon connection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Blue Ant Q1 will do hands free voice calling for you. But you can only have 8 contacts.

There is an app in the market called Voice Dialer HF. It's 4.00 and it requires using the camera button but it's the closest thing to true handsfree dialing you can get.

gloster

Reaction score
Are there any rooted solutions which allow bluetooth call initiation/dialing?

thecrazing

Reaction score
Are there any rooted solutions which allow bluetooth call initiation/dialing?

The Moto Devour supposedly has bluetooth initiating, that they've done with Nuance, so.. Maybe it'll find it's way to the dark side of the Droidsphere soon?