Bluetooth-TB question

flooritnfly

Reaction score
Is it possible to listen to your music, vids, etc. from your Thunderbolt on your bluetooth earpiece? Or do you have to have a special type of bluetooth headset for that?

F

FlyFishinX2

It's allegedly possible on my blue ant earpiece but I haven't tried it yet

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

TommyLive

Reaction score
It does have to be a compatible BT device so check the documentation that came with your earpiece. Generally, you can't, probably because you can buy BT headphones for that. I purchased the Motorola S9-HD BT headphones for music not knowing you can also make/take phone calls. They're incredible and just bought my wife the new S10-HD. But they're not really practicle as a device to use for your phone - especially if you're driving or have to talk to people around you.

Last edited:

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does have to be a compatible BT device so check the documentation that came with your earpiece. Generally, you can't, probably because you can buy BT headphones for that. I purchased the Motorola S9-HD BT headphones for music not knowing you can also make/take phone calls. They're incredible and just bought my wife the new S10-HD. But they're not really practicle as a device to use for your phone - especially if you're driving or have to talk to people around you.

I use my S10-HD set all the time at work. They work great. The only issue I have with them is they are a little small on my head. But I feel like I have a fairly large melon here on top of my shoulders ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TommyLive

Reaction score
Yep, they're great. The only downsides are: sometimes fades in and out because receiver is in the back, if you don't use them battery will be dead next time you try to power up, Motorola says you can only charge it 500 times then battery is ng... and you can't change it. Then again, what does 500 charges translate to in time?

BubbaRob

Reaction score
The way I understand it, your BT earpiece/headset must support A2DP protocol which is output for the stereo audio. I know most headsets do but not sure about regular single earpiece BT modules. Just check the box for the specs.

I use the Samsung WEP870 bluetooth earbuds. They suck as a communication BT device but sound very good for listening to music. See below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JJBHMPVNNFAN1E52QYM

Last edited: