Bluetooth streaming starts automatically in car

Brewerpaul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung A52
Phone; Samsung Galaxy A52, updated recently
App; Librivox audiobooks
Car; 2022 Mazda 3

I listen to a lot of audiobooks on the Librivox app. I stream them via Bluetooth to my hearing aids, and to my car's audio system.
Recently, as soon as I start the car, the audiobook I'm listening to automatically starts playing, whether I want it to or not. I have to turn off the
car's audio to get it to stop.
On the phone's pull-down notification screen, there's a little Librivox widget (or whatever it's called) with a control to start or pause the stream.
That screen has CLEAR button to get rid of notifications I don't want, but it is greyed out for the Librivox widget.
I'm not sure, but this might have started with my latest Android update.
Any ideas?
I don't see any settings on the Librivox app or on my phone settings that help this issue. Thanks.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello I'm not familiar with the app but when you say connected to the car is it only the car audio or is it Android Auto that is starting on your car.. The reason I say that is I know in the settings for Android Auto you can have it not automatically start something that was playing on your phone when you get into the car..

OP
B

Brewerpaul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung A52
Hello I'm not familiar with the app but when you say connected to the car is it only the car audio or is it Android Auto that is starting on your car.. The reason I say that is I know in the settings for Android Auto you can have it not automatically start something that was playing on your phone when you get into the car..
Usually, I'm just using the car audio via Bluetooth from the phone. I generally only use Android Auto (wired) when I have to use Google Maps to navigate. It creates another whole issue for me... when I disconnect the Android Auto, I always find that my Bluetooth connection is lost and I have to re-connect my phones Bluetooth to the car audio.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Usually, I'm just using the car audio via Bluetooth from the phone. I generally only use Android Auto (wired) when I have to use Google Maps to navigate. It creates another whole issue for me... when I disconnect the Android Auto, I always find that my Bluetooth connection is lost and I have to re-connect my phones Bluetooth to the car audio.
Ah gotcha ..I'm not sure on the regular BT connect if there's a setting for you not to connect automatically..is there anything in the BT settings maybe to not auto connect ?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Like BK mentioned check the Settings menu in your cars unit. My wife's Jeep stereo has an option to automatically start playback from the last source, normally whatever was playing on her phone

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk