Bluetooth Reception

papaandroid

Reaction score
I just bought a Plantronics M1100 after doing a fair amount of research and knowing someone that already owned one. Paired and connected without any issues. Made a test call to my son to see how things sounded. I couldn't get more than a couple of feet from the phone without choppy sound. Thinking it was the new headset, I tried using an older headset, same thing. If I went into another room, the reception was just aweful.

Thinking it might be the bluetooth antenna, I took off the phone case I got better results but not nearly enough to be satisfied. I hate to think I just found what maybe the only, but important, issue with this phone. I would like to know if this is a known issue and if so, is there is any remedy for this.

OP
papaandroid

papaandroid

Reaction score
BT by definition is only 30 feet!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Yes, that is a known limitation of Bluetooth but if you had read my post I stated that I couldn't get more than a couple of feet without the reception being impacted.

I couldn't get more than a couple of feet from the phone without choppy sound.

This is of concern and I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue or knew technically what may be going on.

TVJ

Reaction score
I use a Plaintronics 245 with my DI2 and have not had any of the problems you describe. It actually works very well.

OP
papaandroid

papaandroid

Reaction score
I think I might go to the local Verizon store and have them take a look at it.

Does anyone know if the BT antenna is serviceable?

I certainly do not want to trade in the phone I have now and take a chance of getting a phone with more problems than the only one problem I have now.

info4tim

Reaction score
Absolutely not. And any BT can't be expected to function "in another room"! Swap the plantronics if possible. BT headset/reaches are designed to be in your ear with your phone on your person

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

AM Son

Reaction score
Similar Problem

I've been experiencing very similar issues since I switched to the Incredible 2 from the original Droid last week. I use Motorola S305 BT headphones and never had a single problem with my Droid 1. Both phones have been carried on my person with a simple nylon holster with velcro closure.
With the Incredible 2 I experience consistent drop outs depending on my body position (I work outside and am constantly moving around), so if I bend down or lean to the side the sound (music or calls) tends to drop in and out.
It's annoying for sure. I had no problems with the old combination of Droid 1/ Motorola S305, but seem to have consistent issues with the combination of Incredible 2/ Motorola S305.
The new phone is awesome- I'm really digging the upgrade. I only wish that the bluetooth worked more to my needs. IMO it seems to be a signal strength issue with the phone itself, because the other conditions have no been altered.
I also notice a lower overall volume on the phone- calls, ringers, notifications, and yes even bluetooth sound.
Hope this helps describe another similar scenario and maybe lead to a solution.

For now, I may try switching the side of my body I wear my holster on so that it's more directly in line with the bluetooth antennae and controls on the headset. This thinking comes from the fact that when I'm in my kitchen preparing dinner or doing dishes, etc and the phone is on the counter/ table and not in a holster I have no connection issues at all.

Thanks for reading... hope you guys can get some solutions to your own issues.

wyld

Reaction score
I use and older jawbone I have no issues at all. And I get about 30 feet and talk on my BT a few rooms away or on the porch when phone is inside the house.

DarkSlideX DroidX

AM Son

Reaction score
I've been experiencing very similar issues since I switched to the Incredible 2 from the original Droid last week. I use Motorola S305 BT headphones and never had a single problem with my Droid 1. Both phones have been carried on my person with a simple nylon holster with velcro closure.
With the Incredible 2 I experience consistent drop outs depending on my body position (I work outside and am constantly moving around), so if I bend down or lean to the side the sound (music or calls) tends to drop in and out.
It's annoying for sure. I had no problems with the old combination of Droid 1/ Motorola S305, but seem to have consistent issues with the combination of Incredible 2/ Motorola S305.
The new phone is awesome- I'm really digging the upgrade. I only wish that the bluetooth worked more to my needs. IMO it seems to be a signal strength issue with the phone itself, because the other conditions have no been altered.
I also notice a lower overall volume on the phone- calls, ringers, notifications, and yes even bluetooth sound.
Hope this helps describe another similar scenario and maybe lead to a solution.

For now, I may try switching the side of my body I wear my holster on so that it's more directly in line with the bluetooth antennae and controls on the headset. This thinking comes from the fact that when I'm in my kitchen preparing dinner or doing dishes, etc and the phone is on the counter/ table and not in a holster I have no connection issues at all.

Thanks for reading... hope you guys can get some solutions to your own issues.

Just for everyone's info: I switched my holster to the right side of my body and the reception seems much much better! It's still not the strongest signal I've experienced, but it doesn't cut out like it did before.

tuckersmyth

Reaction score
Went from Droid X to X2 and the bluetooth headset that worked flawlessly on the X has problems on the X2.

I lose the connection with the headphone temporarily and then it re-connects. Sound quality is poor or choppy even when very close to the phone.

I have tried two newer headsets and I experience the same problems. I can only conclude that there is a something wrong with the bluetooth on the X2.

Any ideas?

Fr8Hauler

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I use a Blue Parrot BT-250, for driving a truck, and 6 feet away it drops out. My OG Droid, I could leave the phone in the truck, and walk to the back of the trailers, 50' plus, and it would only break up if I walked behind the trailers.
Returned the phone, but now I believe that my OG has had it final drop. :sad-b: Not sure what I'm going to do...