Bluetooth quality is bad with HotSpot

ARorlando

Reaction score
This is almost a deal breaker for me... I have one day before I can return it, so I'dl like to know if anyone has issues with this, and whether it's a concern for you.

When I have the HotSpot on and I"m talking with a bluetooth headset, the bluetooth call quality is bad. As soon as I turn off the HotSpot, the bluetooth quality is good.

My goal was to be able to use my laptop with the HotSpot while talking to clients via the bluetooth headset. As a backup, I can use a wired headset/mic, but I hate the cord, and now I have to have the phone close by, rather than by the charger (which we always need.)

I was told by one VZW tech agent, that this is as good as it gets.

This is my first smartphone so maybe my expectations are too high. I guess I could go back to not having this, and saving $60/month.

Thanks for any feedback.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Sounds like the radio's are interfering with each other and that would be a hardware problem, so if that's definitely a deal breaker, I say return it.

I personally think using your phone as an internet source is silly, so I've never experienced this.

OP
A

ARorlando

Reaction score
Thanks for the response/feedback.

I thought it might be a deal breaker, but I went down to the store, and there really isn't anything else out there that gives me the features, and 'bang for the buck' in my opinion.

I would agree that it's silly, but you might change your mind after using a 4G LTE HotSpot. On my notebook, I'm getting 15/5, while at home, my connection is only 8/2. I signed on before 7/7/11, and was also able to get unlimited HotSpot data for an additional $30/month.

I live in Orlando, and the entire area is covered in 4G LTE, so I'm pretty lucky/spoiled.

Now, I'm just hoping that a firmware update from LG might fix the bluetooth/hotspot conflict, but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
A

ARorlando

Reaction score
With last night's software update (VS910ZV6), the Bluetooth does not crackle when the HotSpot is turned on. I'm quite happy with it, now.

OP
A

ARorlando

Reaction score
A few days ago, my phone went back its annoying ways with the Bluetooth crackling when the HotSpot is turned on. :-(