bluetooth help

xrepo

Reaction score
bought the droid several days after it was released and was told that it had bluetooth headset ability. found out it didnt and called both motorola and verizon and was told that no one knew anything coming in future. Have checked for future updates or at least what may be future fixes, and have not found anything. I know that you can touch the phone and speak into it but would like the convienience of headset dialing. coming off att the service and clarity of the droid was incredable, but still want the bluetooth dialing. Does anyone have any idea or have heard of this issue being addressed?
thanks
john
[email protected]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Blue Ant Q1 will allow you to make absolutely hands free Bluetooth calls with the Droid. I just got mine today. Problem is however it only allows 8 contacts.

There are apps available but you have to use the camera button so its not truly hands free. Im sorry I can't remember the name of the app. I think it might be hands free HFC and one called buttons. You need both.

OP
X

xrepo

Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys but the question still remains
IS THERE A FIX IN THE WORKS FIREWARE UPDATE COMING TO FIX THIS?
THANKS FOR THE OTHER REPLYS

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys but the question still remains
IS THERE A FIX IN THE WORKS FIREWARE UPDATE COMING TO FIX THIS?
THANKS FOR THE OTHER REPLYS

Nobody knows. This isn't just a Droid issue it's an Android issue. No Android phones are capable of doing voice calling without doing either of the suggestions above.

Does it need fixing? IMHO certainly. I don't know what fixes are coming on the next update. I've heard other posters say there is no plans for Goggle to fix this but I don't know how true that is.