Bluetooth – Hearing Aids

papat912

Reaction score
I am a vet with a hearing disability; VA gave me a very nice set of hearing aids made by ReSound with several accessories. One of the accessories is a device called
“ReSound Unite Phone Clip +”. This device controls the volume of my hearings aids as well as connects with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Bluetooth, by a free app in the app store, so when I press a button on the device I can answer my incoming phone calls. What issue that I’m having is about every 5 minutes I get a series of chirps (coming through my hearing aids) and the blue light on the device flashes, which indicates that the device is not connect to my phone and in about 5-8 seconds I get one beep and a green flashing light which indicates that the phone and my hearing aides are connected and paired. When the green light is flashing I can answer my incoming calls and all is well. But the every 5 +/- minutes of the Bluetooth resetting itself is about to drive me crazy. Does anyone know I can stay connected and not reset every 5 minutes?

Papat912

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Um.. If this is anything like a buddy of mine.. He had to go into apps, all, scroll down to blue tooth, (there was 2 or 3 different apps for it.. clear cache and force stop
. You'll need to re pair.

Now.. There could also be settings in your blue tooth menu in settings that may need to be adjusted...

I'm not really familiar with the note 3.. I'm sure someone who is, will be able to help you more..

OP
P

papat912

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I've cleared the cache and re paired with the hearing aids and I still have the problem.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would check with the hearing aid provider as well. There may be a list of devices that get better results.

matthelm007

Reaction score
Which version of the OS does your Phone use? (4.4.2 should be better than 4.3)

matthelm007

Reaction score
I think you need to contact ReSound. From the app review, they have a lot of pairing issues.