Bluetooth headset

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a bluetooth headset for my S4 and wanted to know which ones work best. I don't need a lot of functions but looking for one to talk on the phone which can last most of the working day on standby.

Thanks

wcjeep

Reaction score
Plantronics Voyager Legend has great sound quality on my S3. I connect to my work and personnel phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bought a bluetooth headset years ago and Motorola had the best headsets around during that time. To this day mine still works and I used to use it alot during gaming sessions online, but haven't used it recently. After about 4yrs I'd say the battery still lasts pretty long.

m3incorp

Reaction score
I have the Plantonics M1100 that works pretty good for me.

joemontana

Reaction score
Before I got my latest one I would have said spend some money on a blueant.
However, a few weeks ago I bought a cheap plantronics at Costco. As I recall, it was around $30.
It's the best fit of any headset that I have ever used! Sound quality is good also!
Plantroncis M1555 is I think the model. But the print is tiny and my reading glasses won't do the job.LOL Just look for a plantronics that's around $30 at Costco.

When i got my S4 I bought a Motorola for twice the money. It is, IMO, a horrible headset. I have never gotten it to fit correctly.

I don't use the ear hook with the plantronics. I just pop it in my ear and never even notice that it's there.

Or this one looks good also...Amazon.com: Plantronics M50 - Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I don't need a lot of functions but looking for one to talk on the phone which can last most of the working day on standby.

Thanks

OP
curious_george
Reaction score
Thanks - will look into the plaintronics. Has anyone tried the Jawbone era? I read some reviews that it's pretty good when using the phone to talk to someone on a noisy street so the person on the other end can hear your clearly.

Fabric8r

Reaction score
My Plantronics M1100 makes a garbled sound for a second, every 4 seconds or so. Didn't do that with my S3...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have the Jawbone Icon Rogue and the noise canceling feature is incredible. It doesn't just reduce the background, it virtually eliminates it. People I talk to think I'm using the phone's microphone, not a BT headset. I've used it at conventions and people on the other end of the conversation think I'm in a quiet room.

Just amazing quality, and features.

Great headset, fanatic sound, tremendous battery life, and customizable via USB and Desktop or laptop PC. :thumbup::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks - will look into the plaintronics. Has anyone tried the Jawbone era? I read some reviews that it's pretty good when using the phone to talk to someone on a noisy street so the person on the other end can hear your clearly.

I have an Era I picked up new on Amazon for under $40 and yes the noise reduction is very very good. The secret to any Jawbone noise reduction working right is not jamming it against your cheek yet having it touch your cheek. The Noise Assassin can be turned in or off on the Era if one prefers and it uses the digital noise reduction that everyone else uses in its place for dual noise reduction ability.
At any rate, my Era fits very well, comes with a plethora of different ear piece sizes and styles for a custom fit to my ear and gets about 4-4 1/2 hours of actual talk time or music/tv time. It's also very comfortable, though not quite as comfortable as the Jawbone Icon it replaced. My Icon has been taken over by my 5 year old to talk to her mom and still works very well 3 years after buying it and gets about the same battery life as the Era. The Icon tried to combine both Noise Assassin and digital noise kill at the same time and sometimes it shows it wasn't quite there yet, the Era fits a much better job of separating the 2

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

m3incorp

Reaction score
I had the Jawbone Icon. Decent headset, but I couldn't get a single one of the ear pieces to fit without hurting my ears. It comes with a lot of them, so I'm sure it was just my ears.....oh and the ear loop always fell off.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the LG HBS 700 headset. It is by far the best I have used and I have tried Plantronics, Jawbone and Bose. It sits on your neck and the wired ear buds go into you ears. The unit then BTs with your phone. It has the best sound by far. I also find myself wearing the earbuds after the call because I forget they are there! My fiance has one also and the call actually sounds better on the headset then when she is holding the phone to her ear. The battery life is phenomenal!! I can go in excess of 15 hours of heavy, heavy use (constant phone calls and music) on one charge. And, you can't beat the price!! Best headset IMHO if you don't mind the neck band design.

LG Mobile HBS-700 Stereo Bluetooth Headset Neckband Style Headset

jcwilliams

Reaction score
+1 for jawbone. I have the era and the icon and both you can get refurbishedb from eBay for under 30 (trust me I know I've ran a few through the washer and dryer lol) and they work great.

tc1

Reaction score
I use the LG HBS 700 headset. It is by far the best I have used and I have tried Plantronics, Jawbone and Bose. It sits on your neck and the wired ear buds go into you ears. The unit then BTs with your phone. It has the best sound by far. I also find myself wearing the earbuds after the call because I forget they are there! My fiance has one also and the call actually sounds better on the headset then when she is holding the phone to her ear. The battery life is phenomenal!! I can go in excess of 15 hours of heavy, heavy use (constant phone calls and music) on one charge. And, you can't beat the price!! Best headset IMHO if you don't mind the neck band design.

LG Mobile HBS-700 Stereo Bluetooth Headset Neckband Style Headset

I have both this and the newer model.

Awesome bt headsets, the newest version sounds incredibly clear.

tc1

Reaction score
TC, I read that the newer headsets disconnect a lot. Have you had any issues like that?

Not at all, I read a lot of those reviews and was really worried about buying the 730's.

Lot of complaints about poor reception and range of the new model.

I took the plunge and have had absolutely no issues like that at all.

Range is the same for me probably 30 feet or so, battery life in insanely long and best of all the sound is much more clear. Like going from mono to stereo.