Bluetooth experts help!

Fenway72

Reaction score
I got a bluetooth motorcycle helmet which is awesome, but I have a problem....

I am able to make calls with the push of a button and using voice commands through vlingo, but I cannot use voice commands once the phone goes to sleep. I tried vlingo, the native voice commands, and both do not work once the phone sleeps...

I am able to rectify this by setting tasker to not allow the phone to sleep when bluetooth is active, but this is a band-aid at best. Is there something I can do to allow me to make a call via bluetooth when the phone is sleeping?

Help!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

blaconic

Reaction score
What button are u pushing? Is it a button for the helmet that starts voice commands? Have u tried updating the firmware on the helmet, if applicable?

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
There is a "call" button on the side of the helmet. It works fantastic when the phone is awake. I get nothing when it is sleeping.

travisn000

Reaction score
I think your method of keeping the screen on is the only method ATM.. this use to work in one of the earlier OS releases, but since the "security flaw" that allowed voice commands to work when the screen was locked was patched I have only been able to get voice commands to work when the screen is on.

I wish they would have just added a checkbox in the lockscreen settings to allow/disallow voice commands when locked / screen-off.
:icon_evil:

Last edited:

Chilazr

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late but have you tried setting Vlingo up to wake up through voice command? If you go into the "InCar" mode and select the "wake up detection", supposedly all you have to do is say "Hey Vlingo" to wake it up. You just have to stay in the "InCar" screen. I haven't tried it myself yet. But that's what I understand from looking at it.