Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have a Pioneer head unit in my truck. When I remote start my truck then get in later my phone doesn't auto connect. I have to manually connect. Is there an app that I can just easily refresh that connection or will scan more often? I'd rather just be able to hit a button or something instead of having to go into BT settings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if you turn the key on before trying to connect? When I auto start my truck, some things don't work until the key is inserted and turned on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Even if you turn the key on before trying to connect? When I auto start my truck, some things don't work until the key is inserted and turned on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes. When I remote start my radio comes on and stays on. Once the radio is on there is only so long before the BT stops scanning. I'm not sure if its on the phone or radio. But once I open the BT setting on phone and select my in dash unit it connects. Or if I shut off and start again it will connect.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I have a Pioneer head unit in my truck. When I remote start my truck then get in later my phone doesn't auto connect. I have to manually connect. Is there an app that I can just easily refresh that connection or will scan more often? I'd rather just be able to hit a button or something instead of having to go into BT settings.

Does it auto connect when you don't use remote start. Don't have a solution but just wondering. Mine is a stock JBL unit and it auto connects either way.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Does it auto connect when you don't use remote start. Don't have a solution but just wondering. Mine is a stock JBL unit and it auto connects either way.
Yes, if I just get in and start with the key it connects instantly. If my phone is close enough and I remote start it will work. I bought a higher end Pioneer trying to avoid these things but so far I hvlave a few issues with it. My backup camera image is reversed, if I'm on a call connected to the radio and go to private the radio won't start playing like my old one used too.... I may have to upgrade again. Even though this one is only a year old. I may look for updates to radio also. Maybe they fixed it.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Yes, if I just get in and start with the key it connects instantly. If my phone is close enough and I remote start it will work. I bought a higher end Pioneer trying to avoid these things but so far I hvlave a few issues with it. My backup camera image is reversed, if I'm on a call connected to the radio and go to private the radio won't start playing like my old one used too.... I may have to upgrade again. Even though this one is only a year old. I may look for updates to radio also. Maybe they fixed it.

Just wondering if the head unit is connected to wifi, can it be updated via software?

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Just wondering if the head unit is connected to wifi, can it be updated via software?
No, I looked up the latest update and there's no fix mentioned for anything BT. Just navigation. I found an app for the phone that will scan BT more frequently but it constantly gave a pop up saying each device couldn't be connected. It's not a huge deal. I was just hoping someone had a quick answer with an app they used. I think this is the 1st time in about 6 years or so I miss having root access. Lol!!!