Bluetooth Connection Mercedes

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I have an 05 E320 that has the built in phone system, with a bluetooth "puck", that in the cup holder area. My X pairs with it correctly, but would not load the phonebook. I purchased the latest bluetooth puck from MB, and now the car accepts the phonebook and works perfectly from the steering wheel controls. So it seems like the car, not the phone, has to have the correct firmware to receive the contacts.

calpalmer

Reaction score
On the other hand, my '08 BMW 550i pairs flawlessly with the Droid X, the phone book downloads, and it works very well. But in my wife's new Mazda with aftermarket JVC NAV/AV head unit (their latest/best), it won't pair properly and instead shuts the JVC unit down and reboots it. Sheesh.

jfire1973

Reaction score
Same Issue

So did you find a solution for this? My wife's car is doing the same thing, I installed the JVC KW-NT3HDT and anytime it pairs with the Droid X it shuts the radio down and reboots... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

calpalmer

Reaction score
No. Verizon says (and some DroidX forum members also suggest) that perhaps the 2.2 OS upgrade will fix this problem. JVC did not respond to my online complaint, and I haven't found a phone number. I'm sure they're gonna make it Droid's problem.

Cal

shg

Reaction score
Work around

After getting lip service from Mercedes on my E350 2011 on getting the contacts to download from Verizon Droid using Firmware 2.2. I decided to get creative. My wife has an Iphone G3 from from ATT and I did a sync to car and all the contacts took. It then allowed me to use with my DROID connected. I then deleted those contacts tried my buiness blackberry and it downloaded to car and worked with my DROID when connected. Appears that the contacts once downloaded are not phone specific. Not a perfect solution, but it got me over the hump.

tomcat7

Reaction score
Droid Compatible with 2011 ML series

So other than the contacts was there any issue with the 2011 E series pairing with the Droid?

Also does anyone know if the 2011 M Series will pair? The Mercedes link doesn't even mention it but it seems to me they have a very limited number of phones listed all of which are old with the exception of the IPHONE.

ultra63

Reaction score
The Verizon rep told me MB's advanced bluetooth does not play well with the classic droid.