Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Score another one for Star Wars fans! What would go perfect with that R2-D2 Droid 2 coming this September? A GPS application made to act like an X-wing targeting system, of course. Developer Christopher Caleb took the power of Adobe AIR, coupled it with the all-inclusive and open Android, and created one of the greatest GPS experiences any technophile (and sci-fi fan) would fall in love with.

VIDEO: Blow Up the Death Star With this AIR-Developed X-Wing GPS App | Android Phone Fans

Input your coordinates (or address) and you’re on your way to destroying that Death Star as you reach your destination. I’m not sure how turning would work with this app – the “director” threw in too many camera cuts for us to judge – but who cares? It’s Star Wars! Grab a whiff of the video above for the full effect.

[via Engadget]
[Phandroid]

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
While impressive, serves no useful purpose other than to give the officer at the mishap scene what you were looking at instead of trffic..

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hahaha, funny idea. Sure it's not very useful but I'll keep it in mind next time I feel like really being a dork! (and I mean no offence by that, in fact I like to think of the winter months as Hoth)