Block ota update on darkslide?

Shelooga

Reaction score
I sbf'd the .320 update, then the .340 and flashed darkslide. But my phone keeps trying to (and failing) to download the .340 update. And my system says I'm on that as well.. love the rom so far, besides this issue. I even renamed updater.apk to bak but that didn't stop it. Any ideas out there?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So was your.340 version a leak or an OTA? I haven't seen this issue on darkslide. I flashed my 2.3.15 sbf, then grabbed .340 OTA and then installed darkslide.

Wished I had something for you. I always turned off my notification in sounds for system updates and never received notifications. And it definitely never forced me to update.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
So was your.340 version a leak or an OTA? I haven't seen this issue on darkslide. I flashed my 2.3.15 sbf, then grabbed .340 OTA and then installed darkslide.

Wished I had something for you. I always turned off my notification in sounds for system updates and never received notifications. And it definitely never forced me to update.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Dang, I shoulda did the .15 sbf and then the ota. I did the .34 leak

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Just SBF back to 320 and take the 340 OTA then root and darkslide.

I was at 320 on my phone, downloaded 340 (from the web) and installed, z4 rooted, then darkslide. Haven't had any issues.

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
Just SBF back to 320 and take the 340 OTA then root and darkslide.

I was at 320 on my phone, downloaded 340 (from the web) and installed, z4 rooted, then darkslide. Haven't had any issues.

thanks! i wasnt sure if i could go back to the .32 once i was on .34, but i guess since .34 was only the system sbf and not the kernel I'll be ok. makes sense. just gotta deal with charging my phone non stop til i get home tonight

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Very welcome! The 320 SBF works on bootloader's 30.03 and .04 so it has you covered. If you dont get the option to do the OTA update, just use that 340 system only SBF to bring it up to date.