Blipcast Sends TV Audio To Your SmartPhone So You Can Listen With Headphones!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It seems like I have this thought every night "I wish there were a way to use these awesome headphones to listen to the TV". My wife goes to bed around 10:00 every night I normally stay up way later. This means that either I have to disturb her with the loud TV or watch content on my tablet. Some times there are things that I have recorded that I would like to watch, and instead just watch Netflix on the tablet so I don't have to disturb the other sleepers in the house.

There are bluetooth receiver/transmitter headphone setups that you can buy for anyhwere between $200-$1000. I would just rather turn on the tablet than pay that kind of money for some second rate headphones. Blipcast has developed a tiny black box that plugs into your TV's 3.5mm headphone jack. It is powered by the USB port on your tv. It can also utilize RCA ports on your TV. The Blipcast pairs with an app on your smartphone, and you can use your phone's headphone jack to listen to your TV.

This is perfect for night time viewing, but could also be used for listening to the music channels or listening to news casts while getting ready without disturbing others. Potentially if all you needed was the audio you could just plug this device into your cable box and turn on the box and not even have to turn on the tv. Blipcast is currently on kickstarter. The Blipcast will set you back $79. So far they have raised $35,000 and need at least $100,000 to get started. Head to the link below to back this project.

via Blipcast

Amazon.com: Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage USB 3.0 (Black) STDR4000100: Computers & Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting concept, however I wonder......
Since it pairs with an app, I assume that it transfers the audio signal through WiFi.
That makes me wonder if there will be a slight (but annoying) delay between the video on the tele. and the audio playing through the phone.
Why don't you just go buy an extension cable for your headphones?

An afterthought....there have been times (like you mentioned above) where I wished I could listen to the audio from my TV while in another location around the house, and could see a use for that!
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited: