Blinding light on re-start

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I thought that Google got rid of the "blinding light" when you restart the phone, or turn the phone Off and back On. My Pixel 2 XL saw the last of that with Android 10, I believe. It's very present with my 4 XL. Is there a setting to change that, and are the rest of you experiencing the same thing?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey man ...if you running dark mode system wide it will boot up dark screen ..if light system theme then white screen ...

Last edited:
OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey bkdodger...I believe that I am. At least, in Settings/Display/ Dark theme is enabled. So, is there another setting somewhere else that I haven't found to enable? All of my other screens/apps are in dark mode. Only when the phone reboots do I see the bright white screen. Thanks for your help. Karl

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey bkdodger...I believe that I am. At least, in Settings/Display/ Dark theme is enabled. So, is there another setting somewhere else that I haven't found to enable? All of my other screens/apps are in dark mode. Only when the phone reboots do I see the bright white screen. Thanks for your help. Karl
Hmmm ...try to change system to light and reboot ...then toggle it back to dark and reboot again... Let's see if it changes ...

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That took care of it. Thanks, bkdodger!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk