Blank Screen on my rooted D1- Help!

skrump

Reaction score
Didn't know if I should post this thread here or over in the Tech issues forum, but here goes-

I've got a rooted D1, and today the screen just died. The backlight will come on, but beyond that, nothing. I can even feel the haptic feedback when I make the swipe to unlock the screen, as well as when I tap the home button, but no joy seeing anything on the screen.

I tried a battery pull, and I tried to boot into recovery mode by holding X on power up, but nothing is helping. I'm guessing it's a hardware fault, because although I've recently rooted my Droid, it's been running fine, and I haven't made any major changes on the software side in the last few days.

Only physical causes I can think of is I had the Droid in my pants pocket in the bathroom where I took a shower this morning- Moisture in the air? Seems a long shot... Also accidentally dropped the phone just a few inches onto the floor this morning, but it worked fine after that very small drop.

I'm figuring I'm just going to send it back under warranty to Verizon, but here's where I'm worried- it is rooted, and I don't know how to unroot it first if I can't see the screen! I'm wondering if I'll be in the clear since (hopefully) they won't be able to see the screen either, but I'm still a bit nervous sending it back in it's rooted state. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

wezil

Reaction score
Same issue, mine took a short fall of about 9 inches to the floor board of my car. Hope I can tag along some help you get.

Brad