Blackberry user here, just switched to the Droid X -- have a few questions

ralgrl73

Reaction score
Hey all!
I just ditched my Storm2 for the Droid X. So far, I'm really liking the Droid X. I have to admit, I'm going through withdrawal a little, though. But I guess I'll adapt over time and will adjust just fine.

I have some questions, though...

I took a pic tonight with the Droid X and uploaded to Facebook and when I looked at my profile I saw that the pic was inverted. It was a full-length pic (think north-to-south) not a landscape pic (east-west), but it was rendered on FB rotated 90-degrees. Not good. I don't think this is a result of how the pic was taken -- the person who took the pic had the phone held upright (with the buttons at the bottom) and the flash was at the top. Is there a setting that would fix this? What's going on?

Also, I have a friend who txts pics to me. How can I save the pics to the phone? I thought downloading the pic and viewing it and then clicking the menu button would give me the option but it doesn't.

Are there any Handcent tips? Who has paid for the upgrade verses using the free app? Any benefits?

Can anyone recommend a password keeper app?

What's the best app for helping with battery life?

Side note --
I LOVED the flashing LED light on the BB. I had an app, BerryBuzz, which let me customize the blinking color down to the person. It was amazing. Since I keep my phone in silent mode 98% of the time I really relied on the color for letting know what's going on. So far, I've only found "Blink" which is a sub-par app compared to what I had on the BB. Can anyone recommend anything? I have to believe there's something similar for Android users...

I apologize if there are similar posts on here. It's hard to go through such a high volume of posts and catch everything.

R

RETG

For a password keeper program, I use KEEPER PASSWORD by Cellpod. Works as good as the one that was on my Tour.

I also use Timeriffic for programming my own night mode. Basically, only phone calls will ring from 10:00 to 7:00, all other notifications are ignored.

I also use K-9 mail. With K-9, when you receive an email with a photo, you scroll down to the small thumbnail of the photo and you have the choice to Open or Save. Hit Save and the photo stores to your SD card and opens. Can't speak for any other program.

Installed Beautiful widgets for the large clock and weather information.

katoom

Reaction score
I just received my Droid X yesterday.... it was a tough decision for me to leave the BB Storm, but I love my X so far. It's too bad that BB didn't change to satisify their Storm user base.

Billy Droid

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing as far as BerryBuzz. I still have the BB 8330, but researching the Droid x now.
Thanks and "free" bump. ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I strongly recommend 1Password. It will link your Droid, your pc/mac, and even an iTab. Best one out there on the market and it's free for Droid because it's still in Beta.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I don't think there is a Berry buzz apparently for the Droid. As far as the ops question about downloading pictures, if your on Fb and you want to download a picture just long press on photo and it will be downloaded to your phone and placed in a downloads folder. I would download astro manager app to be able to locate files that will be placed on your SD card.