BlackBerry Messenger to Launch on Android Later This Year

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I think this'll just be another incentive for people to jump on the Android bandwagon. I can't tell you how many people I've heard complain about how they miss BBM after switching to a Droid phone, and I'm willing to bet they're happier than hell to hear this news.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
So...I've never had a blackberry so excuse my ignorance but...why is this such a big deal? Is BBM just another social app or some sort of IM app? I'll admit I'm confused. I've seen on other sites where people freak out over BBM especially if they decide to unlock their phone and don't have a blackberry data plan. What exactly makes this app special?

merpaderp

Reaction score
It's basically an uber-charged, sms/mms, kinda twitter-like, IM-ing app, except... it's BETTER. Unlimited characters if I'm not mistaken.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I did like the BB messenger App. and it was free. But don't know anyone with BB anymore. Would like to see something come out so don't have to pay "V" for Text / Pic. message anymore and save $10 a month.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
It's basically an uber-charged, sms/mms, kinda twitter-like, IM-ing app, except... it's BETTER. Unlimited characters if I'm not mistaken.

Dang. If they can make it low on resources and battery consumption that would be nice. I LOLed when I looked at BBM "alternatives" on the market and all the reviews were either gay men or guys looking for, and I quote, "LAAAAAADIES." I'm sure that's not what everyone uses it for, but it made me think of AIM chatrooms. I see the potential for it as long as you can actually sign out and get some privacy time every now and then.

PikaCane

Reaction score
Ultimately, this seems like a fairly smart strategic move on their part. Thinking long-term, if the BlackBerry itself goes the way of the dinosaur, then RIM's service and the company can live on as software in every other smartphone on the planet. What do you guys think of this development? Any former Blackberry users excited about this?

Sega! *chime*

Gorgeous Geena

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH! I am completely amazed by this news
I just keep saying OMGosh!!!
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg