Blackberry Curve iowner looking to switch to Droid at renewal in Jan.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Hi, Names Big Cam, forums are old habit for me and I currently have a BB CUrve 8330 through Verizon, I love my phone to death but the Droid seems like the iphone challenger.

The iphone has been my dream phone for a long time and since I live in an area where AT&T will never come, Verizon is my only carrirer choice.

I already spent about 30 minutes on the Verizon's droiddoes site, hopefully all my questions will be answered here before I get one.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Heya Big Cam!

Welcome and HI to DROIDFORUMS. I hope you had a good flight here, now sit down and relax! And notice, its not the i(ncompatible)Phone to beat any more....the DROID is the flag to claim!!

So enjoy, and get the threads u like.

:welcome:
Tigger

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Heya Big Cam!

Welcome and HI to DROIDFORUMS. I hope you had a good flight here, now sit down and relax! And notice, its not the i(ncompatible)Phone to beat any more....the DROID is the flag to claim!!

So enjoy, and get the threads u like.

:welcome:
Tigger
Old bump, I know, sorry, forum sin.

but I have to say after finally getting the phone and using it fora while, it has exceded all of my expectations, iphone what?? i don't even care about the iphone anymore.

So it only took me about 2 and a half months to get a droid after joining the forum.:)

egambino

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing, replacing my BB Curve 8330 in a couple of weeks for the Motorola Droid. I was tossed between the various HTC models and the Motorola, but finally made my decision. What are the current Verizon plans going for on these? The BB plan runs me about $100 per month for a 450 min, unlimited data/text plan. I'm hoping this isn't going to be significantly higher, even with the 3G. Thanks...

M

Matth3w

I had a Curve at one point. This phone is leaps and bounds above it, and anything that you might have an advantage of owning an iPhone is simply negated by having Verizon instead.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing, replacing my BB Curve 8330 in a couple of weeks for the Motorola Droid. I was tossed between the various HTC models and the Motorola, but finally made my decision. What are the current Verizon plans going for on these? The BB plan runs me about $100 per month for a 450 min, unlimited data/text plan. I'm hoping this isn't going to be significantly higher, even with the 3G. Thanks...

The plans are the same as with a blackberry. No different because it's a Droid.:)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cam, as a former iPhone user I can confirm that VZW coverage, especially 3G, blows the doors off of AT&T's coverage. Frankly, the only thing that my iPhone did better was provide a smoother and automatic sync with my two Mac's. I doubt you will regret your decision.

Mike

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hey Big Cam, the only thing I hear people complain about missing on a rim device is BB Messenger. As a former BB Storm and Pearl User too. I don't miss either of those one bit !!!!

:icon_ banana: Welcome to DroidForums !!!! :icon_ banana:
It's Great to have you join Us here !!!!!

mt_droid

Reaction score
I have been a BB user for over 5 years and I am making the switch to the Droid as soon as it shows up on Monday.

I have been awaiting the arrival all weekend and reading the forum with great interest all weekend and I will not be disappointed when the new phone arrives.

Thanks for all the assistance in advance