Bixby and Kestra Voice Assistants Coming To Samsung Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the main rumors surrounding the Galaxy S8 is that Samsung will be developing their very own voice assistant to compete with Google Assistant and Siri. This is said to be a game changing feature for Galaxy devices. These rumors may have just been confirmed as Samsung just trademarked a male and female voice assistants. Bixby and Kestra will be the names of the tandem voice assistants. The trademarks are related to "interactive computer software", "speech recognition software", and "computer software enabling hads-free use of a mobile phone through voice recognition". Trademarks have also been filed for several different spelling variations of Bixby. Bixby may also be integrated into Samsung Pay on the Galaxy S8.

via SamMobile

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
This is good for Samsung but I will say that until the voice assistant becomes more capable it's not a defining factor for me. I want to be able to issue commands like set alarms or open texts, browse etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it's gonna be S Voice with a British prompt after tapping whatever? Hooboy they've got a LONG way to go.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
So it's gonna be S Voice with a British prompt after tapping whatever? Hooboy they've got a LONG way to go.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm wondering what makes this new; sounds like they're just trying to improve on the existing S Voice