Bitmap wallpaper cannot be removed

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Believe me, I have searched this forum as well as the Internet for longer than I am able to tell you without being totally embarrassed. I have searched my SD card, including the DCIM folder without success.

I have even reinstalled Sapphire 1.1.1 after wiping cache and partition three times each. But no success.

The wallpaper is the wallpaper I use on my PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I like the theme I am running and I want to have it as my wallpaper.

Thanks so much.

Jim

billyidle

Reaction score
You want to use your PC wallpaper as your phone wallpaper? I'm not sure I understand the question..

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't want to keep it. I want to get rid of it. It is lingering like a bad rash!

Much appreciated.

billyidle

Reaction score
So you want to remove the wallpaper on your phone? Long press on the homescreen in an empty place, then select Wallpaper. Choose a new photo from there.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Been there, done that!I had to have put it on my SD card because I see it in my downloads. No matter what I do, using Astro or opening the SD card on the PC, I can't find the picture to remove it.

That's the quandary. Thanks.

billyidle

Reaction score
Ohhh, so you didn't mean wallpaper, you want a file removed from your phone. Finally understand you now :)
I had this same issue after switching roms awhile back, not Sapphire though (I actually run Sapphire now though).
I have no idea where the picture came from, but its in a folder called Dropbox, and it was from a Drocap shot.
I gave up trying to delete it, so I will not be much help sorry!

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
We must have the same cyberspace problems.I used the application “ screenshot ” to get the picture to use for my I guess wallpaper on my droid. Like you, I sure as Angelina Jolie has great lips can't find it anywhere.

Thanks anyway. Much appreciated.

billyidle

Reaction score
Maybe someone will come save us both now?
Unfindable, undeleteable picture that shows up in Gallery.

One thing that would work, next time you flash a rom, backup your photos you want, then wipe data/cache, then manually restore your photos.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
unfortunately, I have even tried that. I thought for sure that would do it. But no, no. It's worse than an old girlfriend who thinks I still owe her money.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I did a full backup before I wiped both. But if the picture is not in my gallery or SD care, where would it be??

Thanks.

billyidle

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, do not backup gallery or photos. Copy them manually to your PC. Then do the wipe data, restore, and add your Photos manually back from your PC. A nandroid backup or clockwork backup will contain the evil picture.

billyidle

Reaction score
Use titanium backup or the other one to backup all your data/apps. Just be sure not to include the Gallery with your backup.

billyidle

Reaction score
It's not a wallpaper, it's just a picture hidden and unable to be deleted from the gallery. It cannot be located on the phone or SD card.