bionic wifi connection issues

667kmc

Reaction score
hello..

I am having issues connecting to my router. I recently had home internet installed (frontier) and using thier router. however i can not connect my bioinc to thier rounter.
it keeps saying the foolowing.

1. Obtaining ip address
2. remembered suecured with WEP
3. Disabled, secured with WEP.

Any help on this issue would be helpful..

I have also used another internet service in my area comcast and had no issues with this before. not sure why its happening.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
It's a Bionic. Mine has the same issues, while my daughter's laptop and Iphone hums along on the home wifi.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may be Motorola. Neither my OG Droid or Bionic can connect to my wifi at home, even with permissions turned way down. It might connect for a minute, but even then the data speed is very slow (like 1 Mbps).

Oh, and it's a Motorola modem so you'd think it would be easier.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Motorola devices are weird with WiFi.

Here are a few suggestions that I did that helped:

1.) My OG DROID had an issue with my router. A lot like what aaf709 described. Only way for me to fix it was factory reset the router. For whatever reason that fixed it. I also took the time to update the routers firmware.
2.) When my Dad and Moms X and Pro got GB, they stopped getting WiFi. Find out GingerBlur doesn't like the security set to AES. Had to be TKIP, or AES & TKIP.

Maybe one of those can help.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Well,
After 3 VZW tech support calls and a factory reset, warranty Bionic is being sent out to me.