Bionic Power Down

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'm sure this info is available in the Owners Manual, but I wondered if someone could tell me why when I sometimes try to shut off my Bionic at night, it turns itself back on a few minutes later. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong......

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure this info is available in the Owners Manual, but I wondered if someone could tell me why when I sometimes try to shut off my Bionic at night, it turns itself back on a few minutes later. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong......

If you are charging it, it will turn itself back on.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
If you are charging it, it will turn itself back on.

Why does it do that?? That's ridiculous. When I got my extended battery, it specifically said to shut the phone off and charge it without interuption. If the phone turns itself back on, that jacks the battery when it's new.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why does it do that?? That's ridiculous. When I got my extended battery, it specifically said to shut the phone off and charge it without interuption. If the phone turns itself back on, that jacks the battery when it's new.

I don't know. It's always been like that on my Droid 1 and now on my Bionic. Just shut the screen off and it'll charge up just fine.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
So what would be the purpose of powering it down at all? Is there any circumstances that it would be useful then? Cause the only times I ever shut off my phone entirely is to charge it at night.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So what would be the purpose of powering it down at all? Is there any circumstances that it would be useful then? Cause the only times I ever shut off my phone entirely is to charge it at night.

I power mine down every day or so. Actually probably once every two days. I find that it helps with the phone feeling "fresh and smooth". I'm sure all it's doing is clearing out some cache files, but it does seem to help with the smooth operation of the phone.

For overnight charging, I put my phone in the docking station and use an app named "Bedside". It is a great little app that lets me have a very customizable clock and I can totally control what functions stay operational and what functions are silenced. I wake up with a fully charged phone, all my emails and messages and the notifications were all silenced all night.

Good luck.

ripper2860

Reaction score
It's not you. Mine occasionally powers back on by itself after I power down -- either on or off the charger. This also happened on my DoridX after the upgrade to GB. Could be an errant app/process/service or a problem with the OS or phone itself, I guess. A little bothersome, but I can live with it. Ghosts in the machine,