Bionic Owners: Some friendly reminders post update

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that the first maintenance update is being pushed out to everybody, a couple of quick notes/reminders. I'm mainly posting this b/c there is a lot of Bionic hate out there already, and I worry that people are expecting this to solve everything, and when it doesn't, that hate will escalate.
  • Keep Your Expectations Realistic: This update will not be the ultimate solution to make the Bionic the perfect phone with zero problems. Please don't expect that. For most people there should be some improvements to the data drops, but this is still Verizon's LTE we're talking about, so the data still won't be perfect. The BSOD could still happen as well, as there are numerous things that could cause this - but again, this should be improved for most people. Most of the other issues are pretty straightforward, but those are two of the bigger issues. So please try and refrain from non-productive remarks that do nothing more than stir up flames.
  • Your Phone is Your Phone and Your Phone Only: Please please please try to avoid arguing over these issues. For example...
    • Bob: "I just had the data drop out again, wth?
    • Jim: "You must've done something wrong, mine's perfect now..."
    • Bob: "I'm totally stock and did the update, nothing went wrong... just wait, yours will drop too. I hate the Bionic and Verizon and Motorola."
    • Jim: "Whatever, the Bionic is perfect now, you're just a troll who can't handle anything less than perfection."
    • Bob: "Forgive me if I paid $300 for a device and want it to work!"
    • Jim: "bla bla bla..."
    • Bob: "bla bla bla..."
    • You get the point... The Bionic's issues are well documented and well known - beating a dead horse is pointless. Some people will still have issues, some people won't. Please don't argue over that fact and try to just to help each other out.
  • Remember What's Most Important: Please remember it's the holidays - these phones are not the most important thing in the world. I know, this is a phone enthusiast's forum, and I'm not trying to diminish that fact, or say we shouldn't discuss problems. But some perspective might help keep our attitudes and frustrations in check. Just act like adults, don't take things personally, and be productive/respectful in your discussions. We're all on the same team here - we all love Android, or at least love devices... and we're all here to help each other out, not tear each other down.
Can't we all just get along? :icon_ lala:
dog-cat-cant-we-get-along.jpg

Last edited:

deborah3756

Reaction score
THANK YOU! There's not a phone made that is perfect!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
They have already said it doesn't fix everything and are committed to keep working on future updates for the phone. This won't be the last update thats for sure.

b0n3s

Reaction score
You said it all! any improvement sure beats none at all!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Great reminder...
Very pleased to have received the update. So far, looks pretty solid. Look forward to sharing constructive feedback on this ota. It's easy to get all wrapped up in the moment, but at the end of the day, we all want to see the same thing (a great phone), and to share info on cool things. Hope this update let's us get back to more cool things! :icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My Bionic has been nearly perfect. I had some 4g/3G switch issues in the begining, but it's been rock solid since. I operate my business off of my phone. I paid a lot of money for it and I pay VZW a ton of money every month. If my phone didn't work as advertised, or gets worse after the update I will complain. I feel for others, they should complain more.

Verizon is a big company. They don't need DF to carry their water

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
is everyone getting this update now or in waves, cause i have yet to receive it. when i check for updates my phone reads "check for updates not available at this time"

cebosound

Reaction score
Thanks the reminder. I did the update last night. Everything seems to be working fine for me. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
is everyone getting this update now or in waves, cause i have yet to receive it. when i check for updates my phone reads "check for updates not available at this time"

First off, it's RANDOM. I mean if you got 2 Bionics the same day, one could get the update days after the other.

The other thing is that when you check for updates, if the server can't get to you, you get that message. On another thread someone suggested doing a Forced Reset, but I've gotten that message (as well as it's up to date) without having to do that.

Last edited:

woodinthewoods

Reaction score
I would like to say that my Data had problems before but I just got the update and it is worse now then ever. It was better before so am I suppose to not complain about this. If I go to a weak area and lose data it will not return on its own. This is unacceptable

tzarecta

Reaction score
Mines work better than before since the update ..I LOVE MY BIONIC!!

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Got the update yesterday and everything is great so far! Really improved the camera which was my biggest issue... I can actually get a pic of my toddler and kitten now before they run out of the shot lol

cybric

Reaction score
Mine is working great!

billcows

Reaction score
My bionic works better now. Still not as solid as my wifes iphone but thats ok the 4 g more than makes up for it.