Bionic LapDock Impressions

mach330

Reaction score
I've also noticed (tried adding it to cart online) that the 25% corporate discount on accessories does not apply to the lapdock either.

Here are the requirements for the $100 rebate (according to the rebate form)

1. You have to have either the $50/5GB or $80/10GB data plan
2. Data packages less than $50 and data package combinations are not eligible
3. Eligible data package must remain active for at least 30 consecutive days
4. Lapdock and Droid Bionic must appear on the same receipt.

http://content.atomz.com/pb00003783/publish/htdocs/images/DroidLapdock_MailinRebateForm.pdf

sux. i was hoping i could use my 25% coupon too. oh well. someone just needs to hack the wife tether soon.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
mach330;[URL="tel:1735428" said:
1735428[/URL]]sux. i was hoping i could use my 25% coupon too. oh well. someone just needs to hack the wife tether soon.

I don't know about the coupon, but I got the 25% corporate discount and then some off on mine. I figured out what accessories I wanted, then found the cheapest (and easiest to verify) cost of the phone. Took my 25% off each accessory, and called Verizon stores and said here's the deal, I don't want to buy from Walmart for $199, and your upgrade price for me is $249, split the difference and I'll buy from you. I added everything up including the corp discount on the lapdock and had them confirm they would sell the package for that price. The first store said no, the second said yes if I bought that day and all the accessories at the same time. When I got there, the lapdock didn't come up with the discount, but the manager overroad the price for me and they took the extra $25 off the phone.

If you haven't bought the phone yet and you have a few V stores in the area, it might work for you too!

rgb2448

Reaction score
I've also noticed (tried adding it to cart online) that the 25% corporate discount on accessories does not apply to the lapdock either.

Here are the requirements for the $100 rebate (according to the rebate form)

1. You have to have either the $50/5GB or $80/10GB data plan
2. Data packages less than $50 and data package combinations are not eligible
3. Eligible data package must remain active for at least 30 consecutive days
4. Lapdock and Droid Bionic must appear on the same receipt.

http://content.atomz.com/pb00003783/publish/htdocs/images/DroidLapdock_MailinRebateForm.pdf

Just call Verizon at *611 and they will take the 25% off of the lapdock and ship it for free. I actually got the lapdock for $199 and extended battery for $17.50 when I called in and ordered them. If the first person won't give it to you just hang up and call again until you get someone that will work with you.

OP
ConqSoft

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Tons of pictures of it online already... What specifically did you want to see?

RedRaider81

Reaction score
LapDock improvements (potentially) with ICS

Don't forget ICS should be out (whether officially or unofficially for the Bionic) by the end of the year and if the speed enhancements are as good as the current claims are then it could provide a significant increase in performance. Also, once SetCPU or similar overclocking utility is released that allows for a modest 1.2-1.3 GHz running speed should help a little bit, too. But I believe ICS to be a real potential for unlocking the true capability of this device. It is crappy to invest so much in a device we exchange every 1.5-2 years (if not sooner), I sincerely hope Moto keeps the same HDMI and USB spacing on the phone, and allow for backward compatibility. I believe if they were to issue a statement addressing this issue, that confidence alone that I won't have useless hardware in 2 years would be enough to convince me to buy it.

mach330

Reaction score
sweet. i called 611 and they were able to do the 25% discount and free shipping. dammit..now i really have to keep this phone (been buying too many accessories lately). this better be good. well...at least i know i would pay $200+ for it but not $300.

RedRaider81

Reaction score
Wifi has been hacked. You need SQLite and then to change entitlement permissions. The video is on YouTube, but I can put the steps down in another post if needed... Works with the default wifi tethering app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brooklynchildxbc

Reaction score
i'm thinking of geting the phone but most likely will pass on the lapdock unless you can connect a hard drive or possibly even a usb gamepad thats why i got rid of my xoom for the asus transformer and subbed my data plan for a 4g mobile hotspot modem but if i can root and get the wifi tether hack to work i'll just tether from the bionic to the asus but if i can connect stuff to the lapdock then maybe nahh i'll just root and hack and save the 300

brooklynchildxbc

Reaction score
just decided not to get the lapdock i can use pdanet to tether thru bluetooth just did it from my droid 3 to my transformer woo hoo i'll got to a verizon store and try it out on a bionic and the speed wasn't to bad from my droid 3 so i hope this sticks

vernondraper

Reaction score
I love the lapdock but I hate that it has no camera for conferencing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skyHIGHx23x

Reaction score
Okay, so i'm new to droid. I bought the Bionic and the Lapdock a couple of days ago and I like it so far but it doesn't really seem to have that many perks for me to keep it. I'm a student and probably would be better off with the $300 in my pocket. Any major reasons that you guys believe I should keep it?

sqchram

Reaction score
Okay, so i'm new to droid. I bought the Bionic and the Lapdock a couple of days ago and I like it so far but it doesn't really seem to have that many perks for me to keep it. I'm a student and probably would be better off with the $300 in my pocket. Any major reasons that you guys believe I should keep it?

Can you use it to take notes and write papers with google docs suite?

gfmizzou

Reaction score
Just call Verizon at *611 and they will take the 25% off of the lapdock and ship it for free. I actually got the lapdock for $199 and extended battery for $17.50 when I called in and ordered them. If the first person won't give it to you just hang up and call again until you get someone that will work with you.

If I don't work for a company that has a corporate discount, is there a way to still get the 25% off?