Bionic is always hot and draining battery

Eaglesfly

Reaction score
I thought I had solved my battery and always hot problem by formatting the external SD card that I originally installed right from my Droid X, but it has come back. I have NOTHING on the external memory card, have formatted it several times in the phone, cleared the data for the Media Storage and rebooted several times without the memory card installed. MEDIA isn't showing up at the top of my list of battery hogs any longer, however the phone is still always hot and consuming battery quick. The standard battery lasts 4 hours tops with VERY light usage. I have almost every app in Task Manager set to auto-end except for Beautiful Widgets, Go SMS, GMail, and CircleLauncher.

The only thing that stops this from happening now is using Titanium Pro to freeze DMService and DRM Protected Content Storage. As soon I do this, the phone starts to cool off and battery life goes back to normal.

The Bionic is rooted, I used Titanium Backup Pro to restore all my apps with their data from my Droid X, and it is debloated using P3Droid's toolbox. This is also my second Bionic.

Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've never had any issues like this with my OG Droid or Droid X and I'm finally stumped. I don't believe it's a hardware issue although I suppose it could be.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I have almost every app in Task Manager set to auto-end except for Beautiful Widgets, Go SMS, GMail, and CircleLauncher.

There's one mistake. Don't set any to auto-end. No need to use that at all.

Best thing I can suggest is to do a factory reset and see if it continues. If it doesn't add things back slowly and track changes closely.

OP
E

Eaglesfly

Reaction score
There's one mistake. Don't set any to auto-end. No need to use that at all.

Best thing I can suggest is to do a factory reset and see if it continues. If it doesn't add things back slowly and track changes closely.

I've never been a fan of task-killers as the Android system manages memory as it needs, however I've been reaching for answers on this one trying to figure it out. I took them all off the built-in auto-end list and go from there.